Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#220795 - 28/01/2002 14:32 802.11b
jarredduq
journeyman

Loc: California, USA
I just got my $99 receiver from Tiger today. This is a pretty cool toy, not as cool as my car player, but cool nonetheless. Now, on to my question. I have an extra 802.11b access point made by SMC that I'm not using. Is there any way I can hook this up to my RIO and stream wirelessly.

I have another 802.11b access point/router/switch combo unit made by Linksys that is currently connected to my computer.

So I want to get the SMC to talk to the Linksys.

Thanks,

#220796 - 28/01/2002 18:32 Re: 802.11b [Re: jarredduq]
Fiddy
new poster

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Well.. I don't have any experience with the SMC access point you're using, but just today I set up the same basic layout with 2 Linksys WAP11s. I've got one (set as an Access Point) connected to my PC through a linksys router and the other (set as an Access Point Client) connected to the rio receiver (using a cross-over cable). Seems to work fine for me! I was pretty surprised at how easy it was since this is my first stumbling foray into wireless...

I've seen mention on some wireless discussion boards that some of the SMC wireless devices have the same basic hardware (even to the point that they run the same firmware!) as the Linksys devices, so it may be as simple as setting your SMC to act as a client and connecting it to the Rio with a crossover cable...

Hope this is some help...