Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#224750 - 30/03/2004 19:22 Help with Shoutcast and tRio? (long)
wfredette
stranger

Hello, all. I'm hoping for a quick pointer to end a couple of days' worth of frustration. I am using tRio with ARM (my attempts to install Jreceiver were humiliating) on a Windows XP machine. Everything works well for playing MP3s, but I cannot get it to work with a Shoutcast stream.

In radio mode, I can add a Shoutcast source to the playlist, but when I hit "play," everything stops. I am going to attempt to attach a screen grab of what appears in the command line display, but it boils down to a whole bunch of "Unknown Host Exception" messages and ends with "updating config file." After that, I have to close everything and run trio.bat again. And even when I do that, it starts, then displays a message saying that it's ending, sits for a few seconds and starts again - at which point the web interface shows two players, the active one and an inactive one which I delete.

So far as I can tell, the card to which the Rio is attached is configured properly for IP, etc., and I can ping it from my other 'puters on my LAN. Is there something simple that I'm missing? Shoutcast works on my other machines with Winamp, so I don't think it's a firewall issue.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Bill

Attachments
4917-Error.JPG (140 downloads)

#224751 - 02/04/2004 09:39 Re: Help with Shoutcast and tRio? (long) [Re: wfredette]
wfredette
stranger

No guesses, eh? :-) Is there some additional information I should provide, or is this (the Shoutcast issue) maybe just one of those things that works for some and not for others depending on the vagaries of software, hardware, etc?

#224752 - 03/04/2004 01:59 Re: Help with Shoutcast and tRio? (long) [Re: wfredette]
time
enthusiast

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Don't get discouraged, that sounds much like my experiences with streaming content to the receiver. Give your question some time here as this board doesn't have the same level of traffic as some others.