Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#327689 - 20/11/2009 15:09 Re: Wireless SPDIF Anyone? - Update [Re: wfaulk]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Originally Posted By: wfaulk
Do you suppose I could convince a cop that I was going 100 MPH because I thought the speed limit was 0x65?

If a cop wants to give you a ticket he's going to give you a ticket. It doesn't matter how fast your car was going or even if it's a speeding ticket while your car was parked.

Now, the courts on the other hand... I'd love to read about someone explaining they're so overworked at programming that they instinctively think in hex. Though I'm sure someone would ask why the motorist then assumed the speeds marked in their dash were in decimal and needed to be converted.

You might have a better chance explaining that you thought "I95" was a new speed sign because everything now has an "i" attached to it.

#329913 - 08/02/2010 16:32 Re: Wireless SPDIF Anyone? - Update [Re: maczrool]
Nilonym
new poster

Stu, just found this thread and am overjoyed. This is exactly what I am looking for to avoid standard crappy RF headphones.

Quick question: is the DAC stage just for analog support? In other words, if I just want to go S/PDIF and use my DacMagic, is it transparent end to end?

Good luck, and keep us posted!

#329919 - 08/02/2010 19:35 Re: Wireless SPDIF Anyone? - Update [Re: Nilonym]
maczrool
pooh-bah

Loc: Louisiana, USA
The DAC provides analog support for the receiver, but there is also optical S/PDIF available from the same jack. Same goes for the transmitter as well but with an ADC which by the way has been tested now and verfied to provide CD-quality performance. But, if you plug in a digital interface on both ends (TX and RX), you should get a bit-for-bit copy on the receiver end.

We've made a few changes to the hardware to make it simpler to build and to use as well as designed an enclosure for it (learning CAD is so fun!)

Hope that answers your question.

Stu

#338325 - 18/10/2010 22:28 Re: Wireless SPDIF Anyone? - Update [Re: maczrool]
Robsta
new poster

Fantastic work, but one question.. Does the DAC you've created support A2DP to SPIDF?

I already have a Sony USB to SPIDF (which, from your status, actually works. :oP ), but want to eliminate the cables purely to send all stereo audio from the MacBook to the stereo. With the USB Adapter, OS X automatically handles the switch when the cable is plugged in... Would this work in the same manner with BT?

I've been searching around, and no one seems to have achieved this (perhaps for a good reason) but would be a great feature to have... And sure is one that I'm looking at the moment...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3