Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#4278 - 09/05/2000 10:28 Umm..yeah
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
I think this is the most pathetic auction I've ever seen - and it even
a) mentions empeg
b) has bids on it..
-mark

...proud to have one of the first Mark I units

#4279 - 09/05/2000 11:08 Re: Umm..yeah [Re: dionysus]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
*LOL*

#4280 - 09/05/2000 14:46 Re: Umm..yeah [Re: dionysus]
eternalsun
Pooh-Bah

Loc: San Jose, CA
"don't bid more than $1"

(it's now $14.50). There are going to be some angry people!

Calvin

#4281 - 09/05/2000 15:49 Re: Umm..yeah [Re: dionysus]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Actually... I think maybe you're being a bit harsh.

The only thing that makes it ridiculous is that it isn't a Dutch auction (ebay won't let you do Dutch auctions until you meet minimum feedback criteria, so it's tough for an ebay newbie to go Dutch). What the seller didn't take into consideration is that only the first bidder can bid $1.00. Then the bid amount increments for the next bidder, and the one after that, etc. I guess he will be all right if he fulfills his promise to send the information for just $1.00 to each bidder regardless of the amount of their bid. Where he may get hurt is that as the high bid amount increases, so does his (the seller's) payment obligation to ebay, but probably not enough to cause too much fiscal pain.

What he is offering to sell for $1.00 is reasonable -- it would probably take a few hours of searching to find the information he is offering, and my time is worth at least 50 cents an hour. (Now, if he were asking, say, $3.00 for the information, that might take a little soul searching on my part... ;-)

Now whether or not the information is worth anything... I guess that would be up to the individual buyer to decide. But since the buyer is only risking $1.00, it seems to be an acceptable risk.

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"

#4282 - 09/05/2000 16:29 Re: Umm..yeah [Re: tanstaafl.]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Hmm, I still think it would be cheaper to check out the mp3.com car players message board...

Still, very enterprising (I think)

Hugo

#4283 - 12/05/2000 17:40 Re: Umm..yeah [Re: altman]
Lord Bleys

I just love the fact that in almost every instance people compare new/upcoming in-dash MP3 products to the Empeg -- and the only real advantage the new technologies have been able to compete on is price.

This reinforces what I already knew; the Empeg-Car has set the standard. Its features/functionality demonstrate where the high-end in-dash MP3 bar is set. No one else has yet to come near it.

Makes me smile...

-- Bleys

"If you would judge, understand." -- Seneca