Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#4372 - 09/06/1999 02:20 Changing from SONY to EMPEG ??
baumann
new poster

Loc: Switzerland
Hello
Just some questions about moving from my "old" car-stereo to the incredible empeg. And also some general questions.

I have a SONY MD-Player which got a Pre-Out to a frequency-crossover which is then connected to all my amps (3!).
- Does empeg have a variable volume regulation for front-rear and a general volume (Pre-Out) ??
- Is it possible to connect the empeg to the lan (10baseT, 100baseT) to send all the sounds in a fast way. I'm thinking to connect a radio-lan interface to empeg ???
- Can I login to empeg and have access to the filesystem for configurations about lan, serial and so on. ??
- I want to use my linux gps software to connect a gps over the serial-port.
- cellular handy ? can i connect a cellular to receive sms messages on the display (own software) ??
- random play over the whole tracks possible ??

Maybe someone can answer me the questions ??

Thanks

Peter

#4373 - 16/06/1999 13:25 Re: Changing from SONY to EMPEG ?? [Re: baumann]
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Hi,

As indicated on the official empeg web page, connectivity to the unit will be through the serial port, or through the USB port. Ethernet support will not be there (although it would be nice). The unit only has pre-outs, so it will integrate with your existing setup nicely.

I'm also curious about using a GPS connected to this unit. Any thoughts on this?