Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#94979 - 20/05/2002 21:31 How to turn off auto dial-up?
Legoverse
journeyman

Loc: Mesa, AZ
hi,

I've skimmed the FAQ, and did some searching of the board, but I can't find any answer to this.

Finally got the NIC and ethernet working. Great fun. :-)
But one problem. Everytime I go to connect, with Emplode or JEmplode, Windows wants to fire up the dial-up internet connection. I have set the NIC and the Empeg to be on the same subnet. And set ZoneAlarm to allow the IP of the NIC and the Empeg to be in the local zone.
And I also made sure JEmplode is NOT set to autoupdate itself or hijack.

How in the heck can I turn off dial-up? It is very annoying to wait for a net connection to establish, or keep hitting cancel when I'm trying to get connected to the player.

Is it possible to turn off on-demand dial-up for a specific program, or must I disable it for all programs?

Help.....

Edited by Legoverse (20/05/2002 21:42)

#94980 - 20/05/2002 21:44 Re: How to turn of auto dial-up? [Re: Legoverse]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
If you are using your computer's network card for nothing but connecting to the empeg, make sure there is no gateway specified. DNS should also be left blank.

#94981 - 21/05/2002 09:37 Re: How to turn off auto dial-up? [Re: Legoverse]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Auto Dial Up is a feature in the Internet Options in either the Control Panel or Internet Explorer. In recent versions of IE, it's on the "Connections" tab. Select the "Never Dial A Connection" option.