wendy still doesnt survive reboot (v13)

Posted by: TedP

wendy still doesnt survive reboot (v13) - 24/07/2002 21:40

with baited breath i installed the new software, and much to my dismay, it looks like the active wendy filter still does not survive a reboot. can anyone else duplicate or confirm?

too bad.. but thanks to the team for the upgrade!

-ted
Posted by: GeoffT

Re: wendy still doesnt survive reboot (v13) - 25/07/2002 01:58

Doesn't work for me either, unfortunately. (Well the "f" is not displayed after a reboot anyway)

Shame, because that was the one bug in beta11 that was bugging me (sorry!).

Geoff
Posted by: tfabris

Re: wendy still doesnt survive reboot (v13) - 25/07/2002 08:13

Hmm, beta 13 release notes...

Fixed: Currently active Wendy filter does not survive a reboot (#1787)

Question: Are you sure it's just not a cosmetic thing with the F flag not showing on the screen? Can anyone verify?

Re: wendy still doesnt survive reboot (v13) - 27/07/2002 13:43

I've just carried out a more complete check on this , and, despite what the fix-list for Beta 13 says, the current Wendy filter setting is definitely still lost on reboot (not just the "f" in the display).

As this was the bug fix I was waiting for I'm not happy :-(

Like the new "Shuffle by newest first" though

Posted by: Waterman981

Re: wendy still doesnt survive reboot (v13) - 28/07/2002 21:22

I was playing with this today, and for me it seems like althought the "f" is gone, the filter is still active. The number of songs doesnt change, or the song that is playing change after a power cycle. The only bug I see is the "f" doesn't return
Posted by: frog51

Re: wendy still doesnt survive reboot (v13) - 29/07/2002 02:48

Yup - my wendy filter stays on through a reboot, meaning I now have to consciously turn it off when I get back in the car after dropping off kids. Used to automatically bring back my swearing songs

Re: wendy still doesnt survive reboot (v13) - 29/07/2002 08:38

I believe that there is still a bug. If I reboot when a filter has been applied , the active playlist remains as it was (reduced to whatever number by the filter). This is the same behaviour as Beta11.

The problem is that if I select any further playlists after the reboot, the filter selected has been lost and is not applied.

Unless I misunderstand how it should work, this is the bug, because however many different playlists I select without rebooting, the active filter is applied to all of them.