[option] notify=1 (Empeg Web Interface woes)

Posted by: RobRoy

[option] notify=1 (Empeg Web Interface woes) - 30/07/2002 20:11

I am having trouble getting the web interface to work correctly.

I have loaded up the latest build (beta 13), latest hijack (289) and have downloaded and installed the latest update to the web interface.

I have poured over the FAQ, and have made the necessary registry entry to allow me to edit the config.ini from within emplode.

First of all, I can't find an [output] section anywhere. Should it be there, or is it a new entry?

Secondly, when I add it to either the very beginning or end of the config.ini file, it doesn't seem to have any effect. I still get the error from the web interface that tells me I need to add that line to the config.ini.

I have performed a sync after making the change, and I have also tried a refresh of the web page. Still doesn't work.

I realize I am probably missing something quite simple, I just can't see it right now.

Please advise!

TIA,

Rob

Posted by: tfabris

Re: [option] notify=1 (Empeg Web Interface woes) - 30/07/2002 20:21

The player needs to be fully rebooted in order for it to re-read the changes you made to config.ini. Synching is not enough, it needs to be a hard reboot.

Re: [option] notify=1 (Empeg Web Interface woes) - 30/07/2002 20:22

I think I'll add that to the FAQ now.
Posted by: Dava

Re: [option] notify=1 (Empeg Web Interface woes) - 31/07/2002 07:18

I have had this problem also. I forgot about it until now but I have [output] notify=1 as the first 2 lines in the config and it still doesn't work.

Any other ideas?

Re: [option] notify=1 (Empeg Web Interface woes) - 31/07/2002 07:26

Sussed it...

I also added:
[serial]
car_rate=115200
notify=1

...and it works fine.

So you may want to add to the FAQ that you need to have serial notify on for it to work.
Posted by: mlord

Re: [option] notify=1 (Empeg Web Interface woes) - 31/07/2002 07:30

Not true.

All that I have is this, at the very top of config.ini:
[output]

notify=1
Works fine.

Just make you you disconnect/reconnect POWER after saving the new config.ini -- a simple "restart" won't (always) do it.

-ml

Re: [option] notify=1 (Empeg Web Interface woes) - 31/07/2002 07:58

That is indeed a most wierd thing.

I have played some more and it appears to be the car_rate setting which causes it to work or not. If I take out the car_rate setting it stops working. Put it back and the FID is there in vital signs.

Can someone see if theirs does the same.

Here is the start of the config I use.

[output]
notify=1
[serial]
car_rate=115200
[tuner]
region=europe
[controls]
stalk_side=none
[Options]
Name=Silver 32
Posted by: charcoalgray99

Re: [option] notify=1 (Empeg Web Interface woes) - 31/07/2002 09:17

I asked loren to add this to the FAQ a while ago, I had the same problem...

Allows access to /proc/empeg_notify on the player, which is created by the Hijack kernel. The data shown in /proc includes track name/fid/position/artist/album/etc.. the same is dumped to the serial port by notify=1. Also allows for initial sequences of button presses to be run as soon as the player starts up with "Initial=xxxxx" lines in IR_Translate. Also shows FID in Vital Signs screen. If you're trying to get serial output when docked in the sled, make sure you also have [serial]car_rate=115200 in your config.ini

Tom

Re: [option] notify=1 (Empeg Web Interface woes) - 31/07/2002 10:09

But I just added the [output] notify=1 to a friend's player and it worked fine without the car_rate=115200 command. I checked it.

Re: [option] notify=1 (Empeg Web Interface woes) - 31/07/2002 10:10

Was it docked in a sled and working without car_rate=115200 ?

Tom

Re: [option] notify=1 (Empeg Web Interface woes) - 31/07/2002 10:24

Good call I think.

This is when it is over the wireless in the car sled.

My unit at home on AC does not have car_rate and works fine.

Re: [option] notify=1 (Empeg Web Interface woes) - 31/07/2002 10:42

Was it docked in a sled and working without car_rate=115200 ?

It was in my office docking station. Do you think that has something to do with it?

Re: [option] notify=1 (Empeg Web Interface woes) - 31/07/2002 10:53

Well I'm confused now... I just removed it and it's working in my home docking station.

Tom
Posted by: foxtrot_xray

Re: [option] notify=1 (Empeg Web Interface woes) - 31/07/2002 11:06

In reply to:

I forgot about it until now but I have [output] notify=1 as the first 2 lines in the config and it still doesn't work.

Hmm.. I just installed the web interface, and added the two lines ([output] and notify=1) to the *END* on my config.ini, and did not have a hitch at all.

Maybe there's a bug somewhere (misplaced 'if) where if it appears before a different section it gets ignored?

Me.

Re: [option] notify=1 (Empeg Web Interface woes) - 31/07/2002 11:15

Nevermind, I figured it out.

[serial] car_rate=115200 is only required if you are in a docking station and NOT using a dummy ac plug.

Tom

Re: [option] notify=1 (Empeg Web Interface woes) - 31/07/2002 11:29

Let me get this straight...

So there is only a problem if the player thinks it's in "car" mode and you're trying to make use of the notify=1 data?

Re: [option] notify=1 (Empeg Web Interface woes) - 31/07/2002 12:41

Correct.

Tom
Posted by: Derek

Re: [option] notify=1 (Empeg Web Interface woes) - 01/08/2002 00:04

Aren't the http and ftp servers turned off in car mode unless you specifically askr for them to be turned on in the config.ini to leave more memory for caching? From the FAQ: dc_servers=1 Allows kftpd/khttpd to run in DC/Car mode, which is off by default otherwise. No idea why the serial speed should have and effect.

Re: [option] notify=1 (Empeg Web Interface woes) - 01/08/2002 02:02

I think Tom has it pegged.

It is not the DC servers issue or I would get no data at all when in the car. The web interface shows fine apart from the now playing data. It was the same in Vital Signs, no FID displayed.

Adding Car_rate fixed my problem although only Mark probably knows why.