Ok i know Where This Belongs - Random Images Pan!

Posted by: justinlarsen

Ok i know Where This Belongs - Random Images Pan! - 01/08/2002 18:16

I think random image pans, maybe just on bootup or, every few min would be sweet, i couldnt imagine it being to hard to program a lil program to just over-write the current image pan with a new one, and it should change automatically like when i upload a new one via FTP. It would be awesome if someone could do this, ill give you a cookie

I know i posted this in wish list before, but it got off topic sumwhat, and more people read the general forum, if tony feels the need he will move it to the wish list.
Posted by: visuvius

Re: Ok i know Where This Belongs - Random Images Pan! - 01/08/2002 18:50

yeah i think that would be killer. I love the Image Pans, it really does add a new dimension. They make the Empeg look even more foreign, what with the scrolling MC Eschers and whatnot.
Posted by: matthew_k

Re: Ok i know Where This Belongs - Random Images Pan! - 01/08/2002 19:13

I vaugely remember this from last time you brought it up... Wasn't the main problem at image pans are stored in flash instead of on disk?

Could the kernel intercept the accesses to those flash addresses and redirect it to one of the files in a certain directory?

Matthew
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Ok i know Where This Belongs - Random Images Pan! - 01/08/2002 20:21

The image pans are not stored in flash, they are stored on disk.

So a kernel hack that intercepted calls to the "escher.raw" file and instead returned a handle to a random "escher*.raw" file might work.

I thought mark had something like this implemented at one time a while back, didn't we?

Re: Ok i know Where This Belongs - Random Images Pan! - 02/08/2002 15:52

ya i remember if it was boot logo's or something random somewhere in an older version of hijack but then it was taken out, i think it was random dancing guys.

Re: Ok i know Where This Belongs - Random Images Pan! - 05/08/2002 21:04

ahhhhh anyone??
Posted by: charcoalgray99

Re: Ok i know Where This Belongs - Random Images Pan! - 05/08/2002 22:13

Yup, random dancing guys.

Tom