Tuner FAQ

Posted by: Mach

Tuner FAQ - 20/08/2002 18:50

Can someone point me to information on the operation of the tuner module? I picked up a used one recently and do not have a manual. The 8 pin plug is explained in the FAQ but what do the other input/ouput jacks do? Also what does the lettered dial on the opposing side do?

Thanks.
Posted by: msaeger

Re: Tuner FAQ - 20/08/2002 19:38

The 1/8th inch jack is to plug in a sony stalk remote and the dial was supposed to be so you could use one empeg in multiple cars and have it recognize which car it was in. You would set the dial to a different position for each car I don't know if that was ever implemented.

Re: Tuner FAQ - 20/08/2002 20:12

Thanks, one other question...what does the silver "pen holder" next to the 1/8" jack do? Pictures of the tuner that I have seen don't show this part. It looks like it fits over another jack.

Posted by: msaeger

Re: Tuner FAQ - 20/08/2002 20:28

That is where the antenna goes the pen holder looking thing pulls off). You may or may not need the adaptor (pen holder thing) depending on what style of connector your car has on the antenna. You also may need another adaptor.
Posted by: BinaryC

Re: Tuner FAQ - 20/08/2002 22:25

You didn't happen to pick it up out of the back of a grey honda civic hatchback did you?

Re: Tuner FAQ - 20/08/2002 23:15

Thank you.

Re: Tuner FAQ - 20/08/2002 23:21

No, I "picked it up" from the For Sale forum but keep trying, you'll find the culprit eventually.