Building Tuner modules

Posted by: schofiel

Building Tuner modules - 31/08/2002 14:06

I am "without gainful employ" at the moment. If people are interested, and are willing to pay postage and a small sum for construction and test, I would be prepared to build tuners en masse. This will depend on interest. The build quality will be high (I'm an Electronics Engineer) and I would be prepared to research postage costs, sending insured if necessary, in properly padded impact and puncture resistant boxes.

Anyone interested in this service, mail me to let me know your interest, and what your budget is. And NO, peanuts are not valid currency
Posted by: elvis

Re: Building Tuner modules - 31/08/2002 14:59

I'm interested. I'd need a tuner to have sent to you first....

Let us know when you've an idea of the cost. That will be the 'clincher'.

Re: Building Tuner modules - 31/08/2002 15:19

I would suggest that you make the delivery address my address when you order the kit. Patrick mails it to me, I build and test it, then mail it to you. We would have to work out a payment scheme and some way to identify kits as they arrive to match them to the final delivery. Otherwise, I see no big issue, and I doubt the cost would be that high - it would make the kit too pricey. Let me think about what I would ask and post it here.

On a side note, I have been asked if I can do the illuminated buttons work. I don't see why not, as I am set up to do SMT soldering and have enough experience to do this - anyone interested in Europe/NL?
Posted by: tarkie

Re: Building Tuner modules - 01/09/2002 02:46

Yup, I'd love yah to do my buttons.

Dont suppose you can cast buttons too
Posted by: juenk

Re: Building Tuner modules - 01/09/2002 04:05

> On a side note, I have been asked if I can do the illuminated buttons work. I don't see why not, as I am set up to
> do SMT soldering and have enough experience to do this - anyone interested in Europe/NL?

I would be interested in both (requested the button kit a few months ago)

Jelle
Posted by: CrackersMcCheese

Re: Building Tuner modules - 01/09/2002 04:21

I'm interested in your tuner offer. Let us know!

Cheers
Phil
Posted by: Phireman19

Re: Building Tuner modules - 01/09/2002 08:19

I'm interested in the tuner and buttons as well!!!!

Posted by: elvis

Re: Building Tuner modules - 02/09/2002 01:28

While we're thinking about buttons and tuners; is there some way you could solder up a world domination device? Maybe with a rotary knob so I could reduce my level of domination on the weekends? (need to let the little people breath sometimes)

We had something like this on mars, but it was discontinued for reasons simmilar to the empeg....

I'd be willing to pay top dollar!
Posted by: juenk

Re: Building Tuner modules - 18/12/2002 00:15

Rob,

Just having read reading Patricks announcement, is your offer still valid?

Jelle

Re: Building Tuner modules - 18/12/2002 14:10

Yes, from the point Patrick starts shipping I'll be prepared to build tuner units.
Posted by: durden

Re: Building Tuner modules - 18/12/2002 19:07

I am definitely interested in having you put one together for me, as I have *no* interest in soldering a couple of things that I shouldn't, together. So.. let us know!

Posted by: Banacek

Re: Building Tuner modules - 18/12/2002 19:08

I'm interested as well. Even though by the time I get the tuner it's whole purpose for me getting it (listening to football) will be over, and I'll have to wait another year..

Re: Building Tuner modules - 24/12/2002 10:57

It's nice to hear there's people inerested in this - I'm going to be pricing up in the near future, so I'll get back here in the next week or so (after the hangover).

Have a Good One!
Posted by: chrispitude

Re: Building Tuner modules - 05/01/2003 21:26

If the shipping is pretty reasonable, I'm definitely in!

- Chris

Posted by: SCM

Re: Building Tuner modules - 05/01/2003 23:09

Count me in as well. I was thinking I would need to solicit someone to put a kit together for me, so this would work out great!