The tuner II will never come out...

Posted by: Guschti

The tuner II will never come out... - 18/11/2002 01:32

...or can someone proof the oposite ?
Posted by: simspos

Re: The tuner II will never come out... - 18/11/2002 01:41

Chill Dude!......it will come when it's ready.

On the other hand, if you can't wait, make your own.

Nah, seriously just be patient like the rest of us, threads like this will do nothing to help (and probably "wind up" the very people who are trying make this happen at all).

Sim
Posted by: andy

Re: The tuner II will never come out... - 18/11/2002 03:30

I think the fact that Patrick has spent a significant chunk of his own money on buying parts for the kits will guarantee that they will appear in the end.
Posted by: rob

Re: The tuner II will never come out... - 18/11/2002 04:37

I don't think anyone has to prove anything.. no advance orders have been taken. In fact several kits have shipped, for pre-release testing, and work fine.

Patrick discovered that he didn't have time to package the kits himself and has had to employ someone to do that.

Rob
Posted by: pdw

Re: The tuner II will never come out... - 18/11/2002 04:52

I'm confident that the tuners will happen. I have been and will continue to wait quietly for an announcement, but I thought that I'd mention that it would be really handy if orders started being taken at a suitable present-buying interval before Christmas :-) Would make my xmas list that much easier...
Posted by: genixia

Re: The tuner II will never come out... - 18/11/2002 06:18

I guess you've just put yourself to the bottom of the list
Posted by: Terminator

Re: The tuner II will never come out... - 18/11/2002 07:45

hehe. Your previous posts were wheres the tuners, wheres the tuners, wheres the buttons. Now its "prove the tuners exist". Patrick's posted pictures of the tuner modules themselves, thats good enough for me.
Posted by: drakino

Re: The tuner II will never come out... - 18/11/2002 11:56

Ahh, this brings back memories of the original tuner. Until Hugo held up one of the prototypes at the first West Coast meet, I don't think anyone in the US really believed they existed.

Be patient, they will come soon.
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: The tuner II will never come out... - 18/11/2002 23:19

Can you prove you exist?
Posted by: muzza

Re: The tuner II will never come out... - 19/11/2002 03:44

I think all people who have been on this board for a number of years can attest that software takes a long time and hardware even longer. But it does happen.
unless told otherwise
Posted by: JBjorgen

Re: The tuner II will never come out... - 19/11/2002 07:09

Can you prove you exist?

"I think, therefore I exist" - Descartes

Conversely, he obviously does NOT think, therefore he cannot exist. He's merely a figment of our imagination. Of course the best thing to do when one is imagining things is to ignore them and hope they go away.
Posted by: Guschti

Re: The tuner II will never come out... - 19/11/2002 16:11

ok - first of all: sorry for this thread.
...but at least after the last message of pca (6/9/02) rob now added some lines to the thread and I would say that many people (not only me) now feel a little more comfortable.

So let's die this thread and dont post to it anymore.
sorry again.

ps: and even pca will put me at the very end of the list you all should be happy!
Posted by: MisterBeefhead

Re: The tuner II will never come out... - 20/11/2002 11:22

In reply to:

Patrick discovered that he didn't have time to package the kits himself and has had to employ someone to do that.

Really? I suppose he has already found someone. Boy, if there's one thing I've got, it's time - It would have been fun to package some tuners.

Posted by: elvis

Re: The tuner II will never come out... - 20/11/2002 12:22

Patience young one.

I've noticed something about my empeg. I don't listen to the radio much at all. I was all set to buy @ least 1 more tuner, but now that I have the empeg installed in my car I find I'm using it less and less. Why surf through all the crap on the radio when I have good stuff right here?

Sometimes I listen to NPR, but I'm thinking about getting a subscription to the online service and doing away with that as well.
Posted by: schofiel

Re: The tuner II will never come out... - 20/11/2002 14:03

Sounds familiar. Giz a job, someone???