Not quite Empeg, but... thoughts on DENSION

Posted by: JimmyD

Not quite Empeg, but... thoughts on DENSION - 09/12/2002 09:29

Hiya...
I still don't have an Empeg player yet, so I was considering just purchasing this:
http://www.dension.com
...until I can find an Empeg player. It almost seems like an updated version of that crappy old NEO player... but much nicer.

Any thoughts or experiences regarding the Dension player?
Posted by: tonyc

Re: Not quite Empeg, but... thoughts on DENSION - 09/12/2002 09:36

Hi JimmyD,

Welcome to the BBS. If you do a BBS search for "Dension" you'll find many previous discussions. To summarize, yeah, it's a Neo clone, and a lot of people would debate if it's "much nicer."
Posted by: robricc

Re: Not quite Empeg, but... thoughts on DENSION - 09/12/2002 11:22

also search the bbs for denison. I think one of the larger posts had their name spelled like that.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Not quite Empeg, but... thoughts on DENSION - 09/12/2002 11:41

Also... There's a rather fair comparison chart of the Neo, Phatbox, and Empeg players linked from the FAQ here.

I wonder how up-to-date it is, though, with newer models of those other players coming available. Of course, to be fair, those were the models that were available when the empeg was in actual production.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Not quite Empeg, but... thoughts on DENSION - 09/12/2002 11:42

And the linked site is not responding at the moment... Did Bruno take it down?
Posted by: JimmyD

Re: Not quite Empeg, but... thoughts on DENSION - 09/12/2002 14:36

Hey thanks for the welcome and responses guys!
Posted by: DeadFire

Re: Not quite Empeg, but... thoughts on DENSION - 09/12/2002 17:12

Of course, to be fair, those were the models that were available when the empeg was in actual production.

To be fair? If the empeg is in the chart, it's not fair. I believe the phrase was "ahead of its time." Everything else is absolutely embarrassed when put next to this awesome piece of technology.