Empeg Newbie

Posted by: thinfourth2

Empeg Newbie - 02/02/2003 16:54

Friend has just got his first empeg and wants me to come over and show him everthing about it

This could be a hard task

Where do i start

Oh well better burn up a cd of goodies

Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: Empeg Newbie - 02/02/2003 17:09

If you have a videocamera, it might not be a bad idea to film it. The one that Steve did a while back is a bit dated - a Mark I...

Re: Empeg Newbie - 02/02/2003 17:15

Video it erm why he has bought it just doesn't know all the woncerful tricks it can do yet

Re: Empeg Newbie - 02/02/2003 17:19

No, no, no, no...

Basically the Mark I video gives a brief overview of the player in action, some of the things it can do, etc. It is just getting a bit old. I was thinking that if someone could videotape you doing a show and tell for your newbie, it would server to update / obsolesce the Mark I recording.

Just a thought.

Re: Empeg Newbie - 02/02/2003 17:23

Ah i see what you mean now good idea let down by the tiny detail of i ain't got a video camera.

Basically i demoed my player to him on a company course and he was so impressed he had to have one so he has had it for a while now i just going to show him goodies like Hijack etc

Re: Empeg Newbie - 02/02/2003 17:26

Worth a shot. One of these days, I will have to put something together...

Don't forget the games, jemplode, logoedit, xml, etc. All the neat hacks that make it worth while. You might also want to grab the debian distribution, so you can pick and choose your favorite network / shell utilities.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Empeg Newbie - 02/02/2003 19:54

Where do i start

Start by making him promise he will never leave it in his car unattended.

Oh, and tell him to introduce himself here.
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: Empeg Newbie - 02/02/2003 21:00

And to send us all a dollar. Then, when someone new comes to the board, they'll send everyone plus him a dollar. He'll have his empeg paid for in no time at all!

Posted by: durden

Re: Empeg Newbie - 07/02/2003 19:14

Could someone point me to info on how I would go about installing a debian distribution on my Empeg? I wish I would have known this existed a while back

Re: Empeg Newbie - 08/02/2003 05:27

Greetings!

You mean, like this?
Posted by: muzza

Re: Empeg Newbie - 09/02/2003 18:20

Start by getting him to look thru the FAQ, Thoroughly.
Then ask him questions, to see if he really did. We should put together an Empeg exam. Something like, "Empeg Mastery Prowess Enhancement Guru".
You could then get accreditation in EMPEG.
Posted by: TigerJimmy

Re: Empeg Newbie - 10/02/2003 11:31

Yeah, or Tony could have a web-based exam that you had to pass correctly to get a userid on this BBS, and you would not be allowed to post until you had your userid.

:-)

Jim

Re: Empeg Newbie - 11/02/2003 09:08

Erm then how do you ask questions when your a newbie.

But the EMPEG creditation sounds like a giggle
Posted by: boxer

Re: Empeg Newbie - 11/02/2003 09:30

and you would not be allowed to post until you had your userid

Surely if Empeg ownership is a cult, then it's more of an initiation ceremony we should be having?
Posted by: boxer

Re: Empeg Newbie - 11/02/2003 09:33

Ah i see what you mean now good idea let down by the tiny detail of i ain't got a video camera

Watch out, I'm coming through your way with a digital video camera: Braemar May 20 ( I went to school with the Vicar), Stirling 21st!
Posted by: suomi35

Re: Empeg Newbie - 11/02/2003 09:38

I second the 'NEVER LEAVE IT IN THE CAR' rule!!

NEVER EVER EVER
Posted by: TigerJimmy

Re: Empeg Newbie - 11/02/2003 09:57

It would only test the FAQ, since one should not be asking questions that are already covered in the FAQ.