Photos of Mk II faceplate?

Posted by: Jambo

Photos of Mk II faceplate? - 04/06/2000 21:35

Okay, okay, so I'm getting a little ansy. :-) Hugo/Rob when will we see the first production faces and photos of the units? You mention the first production run being this week -- does that mean that in a week or so we'll see photos?

Thanks!

Jambo
Something like #14000 (give or take a few)
Posted by: rob

Re: Photos of Mk II faceplate? - 05/06/2000 00:21

If all goes well with the plastic, you should see photos around Friday/Saturday. The buttons, knob, transparant screen and handle have already been made but some modifications were required to the tool that makes the main part of the panel.

Rob

Posted by: Dignan

Re: Photos of Mk II faceplate? - 05/06/2000 06:31

So I gather you won't be starting shipping today then?

Posted by: teemcbee

Re: Photos of Mk II faceplate? - 05/06/2000 06:52

I think I read Thursday or Friday or something like that.

TeeMcBee

Posted by: Terminator

Re: Photos of Mk II faceplate? - 05/06/2000 08:15

lol

Re: Photos of Mk II faceplate? - 05/06/2000 08:17

No, and neither have we said we would be shipping today. We didn't expect players back from manufacture until Friday, but that's not going to happen now thanks to problems with a couple of contractors.

I still hope to have a production Mark 2 in my hand (and in front of a camera) on Monday though!

Rob

Re: Photos of Mk II faceplate? - 05/06/2000 08:52

Ah, that was my confusion. In another post you said something like "We'll be shipping the first 3-40 players on Monday". you didn't say which Monday. That's alright, just glad I have it straight now.

Posted by: Tim

Re: Photos of Mk II faceplate? - 05/06/2000 08:52

Ugh... This is killing me. Its like when you were a kid waiting for Christmas, only about 10 times worse :p

Re: Photos of Mk II faceplate? - 05/06/2000 22:20

The only difference is that christmas is fixed up on 24th

Rob, don't take that personally! I think everybody knows that you work hard to bring out some units.

TeeMcBee

Re: Photos of Mk II faceplate? - 06/06/2000 03:38

A final production aluminium handle turned up today (and hopefully rather a lot of them have also been delivered to our manufacturers). It's very nice, a big improvement over the old square multi-part design.

Rob

Posted by: Kureg

Re: Photos of Mk II faceplate? - 06/06/2000 07:54

Picture?

Can't resist. Every little picture gives me wood!

Kureg

Re: Photos of Mk II faceplate? - 06/06/2000 08:52

We're not running a fetish site here! :-)

I'll hold back for pictures of the full effect with plastic at the end of the week. The handle I have at the moment hasn't been blackened (the black ones are being sent direct to the manufacturer) and I've learned my lesson about posting images which require the use of imagination!

Remember how hated the Mark 2 design was when I put the original low res renderings online? Well, let's wait for photos of the real thing this weekend, and then get some more opinions. I've a feeling it's going to look fantastic!

(Did I mention we decided not to put any text on the faceplate?)

Rob

Posted by: Jazzwire

Re: Photos of Mk II faceplate? - 06/06/2000 08:54

That's probably for the best... On all counts... =)

(Although just the empeg logo text would have been nice... =)

Jazz
(List 112, S/N 00030, 4 gig blue)
Posted by: bmihulka

Re: Photos of Mk II faceplate? - 06/06/2000 09:41

You don't mean all these technical types don't have an imagination.

Also no text is good, but I think you guys should have at least put your logo on it.

-Waiting to replace the hole in my truck with a Mark2

Re: Photos of Mk II faceplate? - 06/06/2000 10:13

I think that was very wise. I always said I wouldn't mind text on the unit, just not on the screen portion (too close to the visuals). I suppose it would have been difficult to do otherwise though.

I'm happy with that decision. Funny how that whole controversy just went away with no more thought about it! Just shows you how fickle us consumers can be

Posted by: eternalsun

Re: no text on the empeg - 06/06/2000 10:17

After all that, no text on the front! heheh!!

Calvin

P.S. Good decision!

Re: Photos of Mk II faceplate? - 06/06/2000 11:03

The logo is on the top, as before, but this time we got a nice brushed metal finish label which looks extra cool.

Rob

Posted by: David

Re: Photos of Mk II faceplate? - 06/06/2000 12:14

The label on the top of the player is also a lot tougher than the old one, so it won't mark or get damaged so easily.

And if I do say so myself, the artwork is also a lot better... :-)

--
David
// I'm probably not speaking on behalf of empeg here...

Re: Photos of Mk II faceplate? - 07/06/2000 05:43

By the way - when you're at taking pictures - What do you think about taking some pictures of the empeg crew and posting them on the web-site? Or do you want to stay >incognito<

TeeMcBee

Posted by: David

Re: Photos of Mk II faceplate? - 07/06/2000 11:36

A geek site is in development. It will feature bio's (and if we can persuade them, pictures) of the empeg developers and assorted crew.

--
David
// I'm probably not speaking on behalf of empeg here...
Posted by: phaigh

Re: Photos of Mk II faceplate? - 07/06/2000 12:58

Oh god.

Paul Haigh, 6GB, Blue
Reg: 4120 - Serial 00254
Posted by: ccrobin

Re: Photos of Mk II faceplate? - 09/06/2000 07:16

Is there still a chance we will see some pics later today?

(not that I'm excited or anything) :)

"I drank what?" - Socrates

Re: Photos of Mk II faceplate? - 09/06/2000 16:56

I'd say that there's a pretty good chance, yes.

Rob

Posted by: tfabris

Re: Photos of Mk II faceplate? - 09/06/2000 17:01

Now, wait, he said "Later today". You posted that page after midnight (just barely after) in England. Technically, it's not "Later today", it's "Early tomorrow". So ppppttthpppt.