Looking 4 a case 4 my RioCAR.

Posted by: DisOrd3R

Looking 4 a case 4 my RioCAR. - 12/04/2003 15:54

I'm looking 4 a hard shell case that was on this forum like a year ago. I can't find who made it. If some1 will please let me know who made this hard shell case.

Please let me know. I'm looking 4 it in Yellow BTW.
Posted by: KungFuCow

Re: Looking 4 a case 4 my RioCAR. - 12/04/2003 16:12

From the FAQ:

http://www.riocar.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=3&faqent=15#15

They do make Pelican cases in yellow. Ive seen them.

In fact, here is the link.

http://www.pelican.com/cases/1bo_1200.html
Posted by: DeadFire

Re: Looking 4 a case 4 my RioCAR. - 12/04/2003 16:47

I'm not sure what, if any, accessories you might want to carry with your empeg in the Pelican case. But since Pelican is the way to go, I'd like to drop a suggestion for the 1400. I have my empeg on one side and a deep pocket on the other for the PSU, patch cable, remote, and my HU's faceplate. Works quite well; I have everything I need to hook it up pretty much anywhere. I prefer the black case, though.
Posted by: mtempsch

Re: Looking 4 a case 4 my RioCAR. - 12/04/2003 22:16

As a comparison, the 1200 is big enough for the empeg, the remote, a short ethernet or USB wire and a CD or two (I keep a Knoppix and a Toms Root&Boot CD, in plastic sleeves - not jewel cases, behind the lid foam. Just about guaranteed to have them with me wherever I go...)

/Michael
Posted by: Miltoid

Re: Looking 4 a case 4 my RioCAR. - 13/04/2003 21:26

Serpac makes a similar (but slightly smaller) case to the Pelican. See the attachment on this Post
Looks like mouser even has yellow in stock.

Re: Looking 4 a case 4 my RioCAR. - 14/04/2003 05:49

That's the 1. Gee I guess I did not look very hard in the FAQ. I just scanned it and could not find it. Oops, my bad.

THX again.

Re: Looking 4 a case 4 my RioCAR. - 14/04/2003 06:05

Next thing I want 2 know is, do they have 1 2 put a laptop into? That would B awesome!!! I could take my laptop when i'm on the water. Waa Hoo!!
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: Looking 4 a case 4 my RioCAR. - 14/04/2003 19:48

Next thing I want 2 know is, do they have 1 2 put a laptop into? That would B awesome!!!

Okay, I'm going to "pet-peeve" here...

One of the things that I really, really, really appreciate about the Empeg BBS compared to other boards I've been on (and subsequently stopped reading) is that people speak in normal language, instead of that 'l33t h4><0r' IRC/chat stuff. I can forgive typos and errors due to speaking second/third/fourth languages, but substituting numbers and letters for complete words is insufferably annoying. Please don't do that. I hate feeling like I'm trying to decipher a personalized license plate when trying to hold a conversation, and the Empeg BBS has a higher standard than that.

Thanks.
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Looking 4 a case 4 my RioCAR. - 14/04/2003 19:58

I wasn't going to comment, but....

I love just how many keystrokes are saved by doing that. Both of the `2's saved one keystroke (`to' in both cases -> `2'), the `1' saved two, and the `B' saved none (`be' -> shift-B). Then he gives two back by repeating the `!' twice. He saved as many keystrokes by eliding the definite article at the beginning of that first sentence, anyway.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Looking 4 a case 4 my RioCAR. - 15/04/2003 10:16

Yeah, but his avatar is cool. Gotta love any reference to Fight Club.
Posted by: elvis

Re: Looking 4 a case 4 my RioCAR. - 15/04/2003 12:42

Agreed. The occasional use doesn't bother me much, but this is a Bullet Board. NOT an IRC channel. Keystroke savers were created to save TIME. IRC is 'conversation level' communication. A BBS is archived. People will be reading that stuff many times over. I would hope that you put enough thought into what you post to render time savings of this sort unimportant.