Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Posted by: oxymoron822

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - 21/08/2003 12:14

I am looking to get a new wiring harness for my Mark II, I have tried emailing carsupport 3 times over the last month and heard back once with prices. I then emailed hoping to order one but I haven't heard back from them yet. Anyone who might be able to assist me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I would rather not get a "DIY" kit to do this, so any other ways to get a new wiring harness would be great
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - 21/08/2003 12:34

Please click on the word "Sleds" at the top of this page.
Posted by: robricc

Re: Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - 21/08/2003 12:49

He said he would rather not have a DIY kit.
Posted by: mlord

Re: Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - 21/08/2003 14:26

The carsupport email address changed this summer, so give the new address a try (if not tried already):

[email protected]

Cheers

Re: Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - 21/08/2003 14:44

The carsupport email address changed this summer
I keep getting told that the old address should still forward to the new one. The old address is what's in the FAQ. Has that stopped being true?

I'm also told that the new address is only temporary and I should hold off updating the FAQ until the permanent address is established.
Posted by: oxymoron822

Re: Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - 04/09/2003 13:16

Well I appreciate everyones help with this topic, I tried the new email address to no avail. I was wondering if anyone else had any hints, I am going to browse the for sale board to see if there are any sleds with wiring harnesses for sale. But any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated yet again.
Posted by: number6

Re: Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - 05/09/2003 00:27

I can sell you a brand new Mk2 sled with wiring harness.

[Note: thats a Mark 2 sled, not a Mark 2A tinplate job, but a genuine (UK) Empeg Store bought, as-chunky-as-the-original-that-came-with-your-Mk2-empeg sled].

It won't be as cheap as the Rob Riccardelli Midnight specials [which I also have a couple of].
Not least as the postage to from New Zealand to you will add a bit, plus I had to pay Tax when I got them, and I can't claim it back, which makes sell price slightly higher, than it would otherwise be.

PM me if you're interested.

Oh, yeah, don't forget to include in your PM the serial number of your Empeg unit - I can't sell you one without that info.

I've sold stuff previously to BBS members and with Airmail to the US its quite fast [about a week from when I post it, until you get it on your door - and that was post 9/11].

Also, the sled harness on the sled has the ground wire on the serial port connected to the Ground wire on the Empeg [unlike the early Mk2 sleds which didn't] - I checked them all for this when they arrived from the UK 15+ months back.

Posted by: lectric

Re: Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - 07/09/2003 09:24

Would a different address that is always forwarded be needed? I can create one that'll be active for the next 5-6 years at LEAST and set it to auto-forward to wherever the current address resides.

Re: Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - 07/09/2003 16:52

Nah, thanks, we'll just keep the address updated.
Posted by: lectric

Re: Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - 07/09/2003 22:16

OK.