"reservecache" setting?

Posted by: foxtrot_xray

"reservecache" setting? - 29/09/2003 12:45

Okay, this will PROBABLY be qa dumb question, but the FAQ entry that has this setting listed in it dosn't have the info (Tony?) so, I thought I'd ask.

Under what option ([custom]? [options]?) does the "reservecache" go under?

Doing a search on the forums gives me every post that has, only:

throw a reservecache option in your config.ini

..but don't say WHERE. I wanna try it for a problem I'm having after I saw it mentioned in the 3.0a3 "leak" thread..

Thanks!
Me.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: "reservecache" setting? - 29/09/2003 12:50

but the FAQ entry that has this setting listed in it dosn't have the info
The place where the settting is listed isn't in the FAQ, it's in the developer info section.

The only FAQ entry that makes mention of "reservecache" links directly to that developer info section.

And it does have the info. Pretty clearly, too:

Ver 1/2
Section Startup
Option ReserveCache=n
Description (etc...)

Dunno what other information you'd need?

Re: "reservecache" setting? - 29/09/2003 13:22

Aaah, okay, the FAQ entry I was looking at (here); didn't realize that it was avtually a "link" - thought it was just underlined to make it stand out.

Yup, that's what I get fer thinking.

Me.

Re: "reservecache" setting? - 29/09/2003 13:26

thought it was just underlined to make it stand out.
I'm of the opinion that hypertext is useless if you always have to say "click here" every time you make a link. I do that sometimes, but generally don't make a habit of it.

So every place else on the internet that you see underlined words, do you think they're just emphasis, too?
Posted by: tonyc

Re: "reservecache" setting? - 29/09/2003 13:37

So every place else on the internet that you see underlined words, do you think they're just emphasis, too?
I think from a usability engineering standpoint, it's best to have the link color different from the text color to make it easier to tell links apart from underlining used for emphasis. Underlining existed way before the WWW, and it *was* just used for emphasis... Having a different link color reduces the ambiguity.

Re: "reservecache" setting? - 29/09/2003 13:51

Maybe we can have Tom update the stylesheet on riocar, then.

I don't like super-bright-blue, as is the default in browsers, but perhaps a slight change in shade from the text shade might be nice.

[edit] Hmmm. I use the bright blue on one of my own web sites. But it was kind of part of my motif since I use that shade of blue for the graphics. It's a bit more subdued than the default <0 0 256> that you get from the browsers though...
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: "reservecache" setting? - 29/09/2003 14:17

<0 0 256>
Overflow Error!

Value too large!

Shutting down!

bzzt
Posted by: JeffS

Re: "reservecache" setting? - 29/09/2003 14:20

LOL
Posted by: genixia

Re: "reservecache" setting? - 29/09/2003 15:30

What do you expect from a guitarist?
Posted by: Roger

Re: "reservecache" setting? - 29/09/2003 16:38

Yeah, and this knob goes all the way to 11.

Re: "reservecache" setting? - 29/09/2003 16:52

Re: "reservecache" setting? - 29/09/2003 16:56

I'm of the opinion that hypertext is useless if you always have to say "click here" every time you make a link. I do that sometimes, but generally don't make a habit of it.

Uhm.. yeah. It save me from going to alotta places I shouldn't.

Me.

Re: "reservecache" setting? - 29/09/2003 16:58

Ooh, that just gave me an idea.

Instead of the "Volumne" say "Overdrive", at the MAX setting, I want it to read:
Ear Bleeding: +10.00db

..Just for kicks. :>
Me.

Re: "reservecache" setting? - 29/09/2003 17:11

Yeah, and this knob goes all the way to 11.
Must have just been the Spinal Tap in the air, I'd just watched "A Mighty Wind" last night.
Posted by: tman

Re: "reservecache" setting? - 29/09/2003 19:12

Yeah. But if you wanted to do a spinal tap style empeg it would of course have to go to +11.00dB...

Re: "reservecache" setting? - 29/09/2003 19:25

That problem has already been solved