Order Invitation Update

Posted by: jbauer

Order Invitation Update - 14/08/2000 12:17

I'm dying! So close... yet so far...

Rob has gone up to 12,000 - and I'm 12,778!!!

- Jon

Posted by: GeorgeLSJr

Re: Order Invitation Update (ordered mine!!!) - 14/08/2000 13:55

Ordered mine a few minutes ago. 36GB, Red... I was reg# 10873.

Can't wait!

George

Re: Order Invitation Update (ordered mine!!!) - 14/08/2000 13:56

Doh!

Posted by: ChrisD

Re: Order Invitation Update (ordered mine!!!) - 14/08/2000 15:02

at least whatever problems they had are out of the way.. hopefully rob will be able to crank through to the 15k's this week. right rob? *poke*

Posted by: rob

Re: Order Invitation Update (ordered mine!!!) - 14/08/2000 17:22

Erm, I think 15K this week is optimistic! As we get to the higher numbers, so the takeup rate increases. Therefore more time will elapse between invitation batches as time goes on.

That said, we still expect to clear the whole queue during September.

Rob

Posted by: ChrisD

Re: Order Invitation Update (ordered mine!!!) - 15/08/2000 06:54

The real question is what kind of bribes and gifts should we send you to get bumped down on the list?

Money: 3 reg nums per dollar
Service: 2 reg nums per custserv email answered for rob.
Gifts: 500 for a nice watch, 1000 for a nice gold chain, and 3000 for a years usage of the 'family' *cough*mafia*cough* 'friends'.

Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: Order Invitation Update (ordered mine!!!) - 15/08/2000 07:56

Greetings!

It could always be worse. I had been told about the empeg when the M1's were out, but I didn't register when I had the chance. Now, I am near the very end of the queue (15,000+), and eagerly awaiting the chance to order. If bribes work, send me a private message - I am certain we can work something out...

Paul G.

Posted by: Amarth

Re: Order Invitation Update (ordered mine!!!) - 15/08/2000 12:59

Now tell me WHAT is the end of queue as today?

#16000?

Posted by: Dignan

Re: Order Invitation Update (ordered mine!!!) - 15/08/2000 13:05

Haha! I wish! I'm just hoping to have a player by the middle of next week! I wonder if that's possible...

DiGNAN

Re: Order Invitation Update - 15/08/2000 17:11

> Rob has gone up to 12,000 - and I'm 12,778!!!

Tag - You're it!

(13,000)

Rob

Re: Order Invitation Update (ordered mine!!!) - 15/08/2000 17:12

Apparantly I'm not allowed to accept bribes *sigh*

Re: Order Invitation Update - 15/08/2000 17:13

THANK YOU ROB!!!!!

My 36 gig/blue has been ordered!!!

Also got a green faceplate and a blue carry bag!

Yeehaa! Thank you!

- Jon

Re: Order Invitation Update - 15/08/2000 17:20

You're welcome

Posted by: JoMo25

Re: Order Invitation Update - 15/08/2000 18:37

So just how many registrations are there now? And how long after I order should expect it to show up on my doorstep (USA)???

- John
#15154 and can't wait!!!

Posted by: eternalsun

Re: Order Invitation Update (ordered mine!!!) - 15/08/2000 18:51

I bet you've always wanted a pimp daddy chain.

Calvin

Re: Order Invitation Update - 16/08/2000 01:55

The last one I noticed was 15,732.

From ordering you should get the player within a few days. We've now caught up on the dispatch backlog, so most orders are going out next day (subject to stock and payment).

Rob

Posted by: Squid

Re: Order Invitation Update - 16/08/2000 04:00

Come on 15562...daddy needs a new pair o' shoes...

I am a number, not a free man! And that number is fifteen-thousand five-hundred sixty-two.
Posted by: trevorp

Re: Order Invitation Update - 16/08/2000 06:02

Wow, I've been away from a computer for a couple of days. The first thing I did was check the announcements forum and saw that everyone up to 13,000 had been invited.

This is when you kick yourself and say "if only I'd registered 550 people earlier I'd be one of the lucky ones.."

I'm dying here, trying to hold onto the money to order one.

-Trevor

(Eagerly awaiting that magic tag from Rob...)
Reg. #13549

Posted by: Kureg

Re: Order Invitation Update - 16/08/2000 06:57

In reply to:

This is when you kick yourself and say "if only I'd registered 550 people earlier I'd be one of the lucky ones.."

I'm dying here, trying to hold onto the money to order one.

As each day gets closer and closer, time seems to move more slowly.

Kureg (#14682)

Posted by: njallain

Re: Order Invitation Update - 16/08/2000 07:41

It doesn't change once you order. Then you're checking your mail every 5 minutes for a shipping notification.

Posted by: mardibloke

Re: Order Invitation Update - 16/08/2000 08:05

and then the TNT site to track it.

- --
Rod, UK Mk2 Red S/No.341

Re: Order Invitation Update - 16/08/2000 08:17

What's a TNT site?

DiGNAN

Re: Order Invitation Update - 16/08/2000 09:21

www.tnt.com track parcels. Rather than a big stack of explosive stuff :-)

- --
Rod, UK Mk2 Red S/No.341

Re: Order Invitation Update - 16/08/2000 11:48

TNT are a courier - very big in most parts of the world apart from the USA. That's why we used FedEx for US consignments.

Rob

Posted by: bmihulka

Re: Order Invitation Update - 16/08/2000 12:36

Or FedEx and you watch it sit in customs for the entire weekend.

-Finally received my Mark2 no thanks to customs.

Re: Order Invitation Update - 16/08/2000 13:01

Just wondering, where in the states do you live? Does anyone know where the empegs enter the country? Do you think it would help to live near DC in terms of speed of delivery?

DiGNAN

Re: Order Invitation Update - 16/08/2000 13:58

Considering moving house to get faster delivery really shows commitment to the product, but heck if you are going to move anyway, go for Cambridge - I hear its quite nice.

- --
Rod, UK Mk2 Red S/No.341

Re: Order Invitation Update - 16/08/2000 14:06

It makes no difference where you live in the US (so long as it's mainland). All consignments enter at either Newark or Memphis, and then fly onwards to your nearest hub. If US Customs don't delay the package FedEx will guarantee delivery by 10:30am next day.

To put the customs delays in perspective, about 10% of recent consignments have been delayed by a day or more but the vast majority of these were due to a delay in contacting the recipient to get their EIN number. Customs usually require this, even though the car player is zero rated for duty.

Rob

Re: Order Invitation Update - 16/08/2000 14:13

For UK delivery its a good idea to be in when they try and deliver. I nearly missed the truck today and the driver told me it would have gone back to the depot ( 70 miles away ). They would obviously try to deliver again. But if its Royal Mail ( and several others ) there is a local ( 2-10miles ) place I can normally go and pick parcels up from. Didn't realise the closest TNT depot was that far away.

- --
Rod, UK Mk2 Red S/No.341
Posted by: FriendlyDogSalad

Re: Order Invitation Update - 16/08/2000 15:09

ACK!!! I never thought this would happen... my number is coming up quickly. But,(damn this for happening) it is actually coming up too quickly (i never thought i'd say this). I won't have the money for about 3-4 months but i don't want to be shoved at the end of the line and end up _never_ getting one. What can i do?

I think i'm going to cry!

---Proud owner of empeg registration number 14309 (ugh!)---

Re: Order Invitation Update - 16/08/2000 15:27

The queue will be cleared by the end of the summer. In 3-4 months you'll be able to order directly from stock!

DiGNAN

Re: Order Invitation Update - 16/08/2000 15:27

EIN? What is that? Social Security Number?

I am a number, not a free man! And that number is fifteen-thousand five-hundred sixty-two.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Order Invitation Update - 16/08/2000 15:35

What can i do?

Don't Panic!

1) Your invitation stands, whether you order now or six months from now.

2) They will be completely through the queue by the end of next month (heck, from the looks of it, by the end of THIS month), and will no longer need a queueing system. So by the time you get the cash together, they will be shipping directly from back stock rather than through the queue.

No worries.

Re: Order Invitation Update - 16/08/2000 15:37

You guys sure aren't making me feel any better about having placed my order! I *was* so happy about it, but now I'm on the other end waiting for the first step of what you're talking about... the shipping notification. Who am I kidding... I'm still thrilled about it. At least it's finally on it's way... sorta.

George

Re: Order Invitation Update - 17/08/2000 10:50

Yay!!

Scan Activity :
Int. Package Manifest Created STANSTED GB 08/17/2000 17:28
Left FedEx Origin Location STANSTED GB 08/17/2000 18:12
Picked up STANSTED GB 08/17/2000 15:36

- Jon

Re: Order Invitation Update - 17/08/2000 12:18

And hey, do you know what Stansted is? Here's a clue:

That looks like an airport to me.

So your empeg should be in the states this evening!

DiGNAN

Re: Order Invitation Update - 17/08/2000 12:23

Hm. Think there's any possibility of getting it TOMORROW???

Drool.

Just installed Emplode. Put in a fake serial number just to look around. Do I have to reinstall Emplode to put in the correct serial number when I get the Empeg?

- Jon

Re: Order Invitation Update - 17/08/2000 16:03

Yeah... and then you see this appear:

Scan Activity Date/Time Comments
Pkg. Status Exception NEWARK NJ 08/17/2000 04:45 Regulatory Clearance Delay
Left FedEx Ramp STANSTED GB 08/16/2000 21:10
Left FedEx Origin Location STANSTED GB 08/16/2000 18:40
Int. Package Manifest Created STANSTED GB 08/16/2000 17:52
Picked up STANSTED GB 08/16/2000 15:52

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hopefully it'll get through tomorrow. I sent Rob an email about this, but FedEx was nice enough to call me at 4:03PM...just as they were closing. I'm sure they'll be nice enough to call me around the same time tomorrow if there's any further delays. So, I *may* have the Empeg to install this weekend, but, then again, I *may not*!

George

Re: Order Invitation Update - 17/08/2000 17:45

What did FedEx say when they called you? Did they ask you what the device was? Did they give any indication of when it would be released?

- Jon

Re: Order Invitation Update - 17/08/2000 17:49

They left a message 3 minutes after their offices closed for the day. (I got the message a half hour after they closed.) They asked for my social security number and said they were waiting for some paperwork from Empeg. Not sure about why they need my SSN. They didn't give any indication when it would be released.

George
Posted by: JoMo25

Re: Order Invitation Update - 17/08/2000 22:27

Hey FriendlyDogSalad, I'll happily swap numbers with you. I've got the cash (actually credit card) ready to order NOW! I'm number 15154...

Re: Order Invitation Update - 18/08/2000 08:51

Hey George,

As you predicted, I also see that my package has been delayed due to "regulatory clearance". It's in Memphis.

Calling FedEx now... Already sent Rob a note.

(cry...)

- Jon

Re: Order Invitation Update - 18/08/2000 09:01

In reply to:

As you predicted, I also see that my package has been delayed due to "regulatory clearance". It's in Memphis.

This seems to be happening pretty frequently. Anyone know what the customs are like in Canada with the empeg?

Kureg

Posted by: alear

Re: Order Invitation Update - 18/08/2000 09:32

The package exception note is nothing to worry about. I got that to. It was out of customs in 4-5 hours and back on its way. Didn't really affect delivery time.

Alex Lear

Re: Order Invitation Update - 18/08/2000 10:02

So here's my latest update...

1) Rob gave FedEx a description of what an empeg is. Thank you Rob!
2) I faxed the form, 5106 (gotten from the FedEx web page) to FedEx. This is an "importer ID" form.
3) I wait. They are saying that it could be delivered on Saturday. Guess my Saturday plans are changing... ;-)

- Jon

Re: Order Invitation Update - 18/08/2000 10:20

I just checked the status of my unit and it's got yet another delay message. Hopfully Rob's contacted the necessary people already. No one from FedEx called me today, but I called them, leaving them my work number, the harmonized code #, my social security number, and promising my first born. I can't check my mail at home from work, so Rob may have sent me an email with an update already. This sucks! I was really hoping to install the thing this weekend.

George

Re: Order Invitation Update - 18/08/2000 11:20

In reply to:

I faxed the form, 5106 (gotten from the FedEx web page) to FedEx. This is an "importer ID" form.

So should we all be preparing this form or has no one else had to do this?

Re: Order Invitation Update - 18/08/2000 13:32

I did have an email from Rob waiting for me at home. I called FedEx to inquire what the status was. I actually talked to a person! She asked about a "case" for the CD player. Ya just gotta laugh at that one! She was asking what it was made out of. (?!) HUH? I didn't know it had to be made out a certain material in order to come through customs! Maybe they thought it was platinum and wanted to charge me some big bucks! I told her it was either aluminum or sheet metal. (I guess that was the right answer, since she was okay with that.) Anyhow, she said they were "working on it right now", it would go to customs today, and I'd get it on Monday. DAMMIT! An entire, beautiful weekend coming up and I can't spend it working on my car?! It'll probably rain all next weekend! Oh well... nothing I can do about it now, except rant, rave, and generally complain. It better arrive Monday, though!

George

Re: Order Invitation Update - 18/08/2000 13:44

Sorry I was right about the delay. I honestly didn't think you'd get that message. I really hope you do get yours on Saturday. I wish I had that slight glimmer of hope to look for. Though, I didn't have to fax them anything. I'm assuming that either Rob sent them what they needed, the information I left on their answering machine helped, or they found the paperwork that they were looking for (and had lost, hehe). Dunno, but it sounds like it's coming through on Monday and I guess I should be happy about that. Only thing is, now I have to wait until NEXT weekend to play with my new toy!

George

Re: Order Invitation Update - 18/08/2000 14:10

Anyhow, she said they were "working on it right now", it would go to customs today, and I'd get it on Monday. DAMMIT! An entire, beautiful weekend coming up and I can't spend it working on my car?! It'll probably rain all next weekend!

I feel your pain.

Re: Order Invitation Update - 18/08/2000 15:05

AMEN! I guess you do. I know I'm not alone right now, that's for certain. I wonder when Empeg's going to get some distributors in the US? ... mainly so we can bypass customs and let the businesses deal with them! There's a shop I go to and get all my installs done at. I've had 3 installations done there and they do really nice work. They sell mostly the high-end equipment. If the guys@empeg ever ask for some contacts, I'll be sure to forward them some.

George

Re: Order Invitation Update - 19/08/2000 11:29

Damnit! Looks like I'm waiting til Monday. The package arrived in Oakland CA this morning, but they never broke it out of the container...

- Jon

Re: Order Invitation Update - 19/08/2000 11:46

Awww... sorry to hear that, Jon. On a whim, I checked the FedEx website today and it says:

Left FedEx Sort Facility NEWARK NJ 08/19/2000 02:35
Pkg. Status Exception NEWARK NJ 08/19/2000 00:36 Commercial customs release

I'm hoping that first one means that it's on a truck and on the way to me, but I kinda doubt it. We'll see...

George

Re: Order Invitation Update - 19/08/2000 17:12

George,

Hm. Yours looks a lot like mine...

Arrived at Sort Facility OAKLAND CA 08/19/2000 08:22
Left FedEx Sort Facility MEMPHIS TN 08/19/2000 04:14
Pkg. Status Exception MEMPHIS TN 08/18/2000 06:47
Left FedEx Ramp STANSTED GB 08/17/2000 21:33
Int. Package Manifest Created STANSTED GB 08/17/2000 17:28
Left FedEx Origin Location STANSTED GB 08/17/2000 18:12
Picked up STANSTED GB 08/17/2000 15:36

I'm getting it Monday. Hope you get yours sooner!

- Jon

Posted by: trevorp

Re: Order Invitation Update - 20/08/2000 07:29

Oh how sweet it is!

I just came back from Orlando on a mini-vacation, and had to swing by work, just to check my email. Lo and behold there was that magical email from Rob!

Just ordered my 12GB green with a red plate and bag. Now to explain to the wife why a large chunk of money just vanished from the account... Actually she's happy for me too.

Hopefully I don't have to play the same game you guys have been playing watching it sit in customs, etc.

Now I have to sit and wait.

-Trevor

Re: Order Invitation Update - 20/08/2000 15:16

Me next me next! :)

Kureg (#14-something-something-something)

Posted by: Helmoe

Re: Order Invitation Update (ordered mine!!!) - 21/08/2000 12:22

Hmm - how come you got number 10873 when you ordered 14/8 and I ordered 10/8 and got number 15704???

How does this numbering work???

It can't be anything with the size of empeg to do, because you can just change your order when your number turns up

Posted by: dr_relax

Re: Order Invitation Update (ordered mine!!!) - 21/08/2000 14:40

this is probably because they just implemented a auto system then.. so they entered yours after that sytem implementation maybe :|

Posted by: altman

Re: Order Invitation Update (ordered mine!!!) - 21/08/2000 15:32

I think the confusion is between getting a queue place, and placing an order.

A queue place of 10,xxx was got by joining the queue many months ago - and we got to the point of asking him to order a couple of weeks ago.

If you've just joined the queue now, you've got a number of 15,xxx - and it will be a little while (hopefully not too long) before we reach your queue position and invite you to order.

Hugo

Re: Order Invitation Update (ordered mine!!!) - 22/08/2000 05:20

Greetings!

If you would, about how many invitations are sent out a day? Are you getting a high percentage of orders from the people registered? (I hope so!!!)

Paul G.
(eagerly awaiting the opportunity to spend money...)

Re: Order Invitation Update (ordered mine!!!) - 22/08/2000 09:59

We're not sending daily invitations, we're batching them into about 1000 registration numbers at a time. So far we've only contacted clients who completed a confirmation procedure that we requested back in may, so 1000 reg numbers equates to around 150 invites.

We'll go back and cover the people who didn't confirm at a later date (although they're welcome to order now if they notice we've reached their number).

Rob

Re: Order Invitation Update (prediction) - 23/08/2000 07:51

I am hoping for an update to 15000 today and then an update to 16000 on Friday so I can then order my unit! Just hoping....

Re: Order Invitation Update (prediction) - 23/08/2000 08:10

Sorry, no chance of that. It's possible we may not reach 15,000 until next week at the earliest, as we're getting a lot of orders from the previous group of clients. 15,000 to 16,000 will take the longest of all as we anticipate a high rate of orders from these clients. We'll probably contact 100 at a time.

Rob

Posted by: dsroberti

Re: Order Invitation Update (prediction) - 23/08/2000 08:21

Rob -

I know you are working as hard as you can on this whole order processing business, and it's exciting to hear that the empeg is so popular.

Please bear with us, the empeg-deprived as we weather the excrutiating march towards the 15,000s. Your "reality check" updates are very useful in terms of setting expectations. Please keep it up!

Yours in struggle,

Derek

Re: Order Invitation Update (prediction) - 23/08/2000 08:40

Greetings!

Agreed! These updates are very helpful. Please keep them coming. As one of the empeg challenged, I can only say that I am pleased you are doing so well with sales, and that I hope that things continue to go smoothly.

I guess I can stop hitting the reload button on the announcements forum... for now...

Paul G.

Re: Order Invitation Update (prediction) - 23/08/2000 11:31

This brought up an interesting question...

The updates to the invitation annoucement thread have slowed down quite a bit. This is, as you say, undoubtedly because of the number of orders to invitations ratio going up.

My question is, have the invites just slowed down (100 per day or something) and you aren't updating the annoucement until you hit the next 1000 mark, or are you still dealing with orders from the last 1000 and just haven't sent out another batch of invites in the last 3 days .

I think everyone was accustomed to seeing a message a day in the annoucements. As you know, we are all very edgy and watch that counter around the clock. I can't speak for the rest, but it would be nice continue seeing an annoucment a day, even if that announcement just says that you are still processing orders and have not yet invited more people .

That's just me, and probably because I am 145?? and getting very excited. I suspect you'll do a batch of 500 invites next, just so that I can pull my hair out more .

Kureg

Posted by: loren

Re: Order Invitation Update (prediction) - 23/08/2000 13:39

Oh man, i can't wait. I can hardly sit still here at work thinking about how i am gonna configure my system, what amps i'm getting, who's gonna be the first to get a ride when it's installed...hehe...on and on. I'll definately be posting the install into my Honda Civic Si up on my site with details and photos and posting it here. I'll also be asking plenty of questions and meeting up with some of you fine folk. BAEUG (Bay Area Empeg Users Group) anyone? heheh. I've been amazed at the community here for a few months now and since my Empeg is on the way (FINALLY!!! after all these monhts!), i'm tired of lurking! So, hi everyone, i'm Loren, i'll be bothering you soon i'm sure =]

||| loren.cox
||| s/n:13810
||| 12GB blue

Re: Order Invitation Update (prediction) - 23/08/2000 14:44

If there's no announcement, then nobody else has been invited since the last post. I don't see any point in posting to say "nothing new"!

Rob

Re: Order Invitation Update (prediction) - 23/08/2000 15:42

K, at least we know now

Thanks

Kureg

Re: Order Invitation Update (prediction) - 25/08/2000 11:47

Greetings!

I guess we are still holding at 14,000. Has there been anything new lately? Given the delay from your metalworkers, I would think we will not hear anything more for a while.

The bribery option is still open, should anyone @empeg wish to make a little extra cash...

Meanwhile, Rob mentioned a "confirmation process" a while back. I am not familiar with it, having registered
early in June. Is this something the 15,000+ people should be doing? Anything to make it easier...

Paul G.
R# 15189
(in queue for a blue 36GB Mk2)

Re: Order Invitation Update (prediction) - 25/08/2000 12:35

In reply to:

Has there been anything new lately?

Well, I know you got the gist of it, but just in case...

The way I understand it, Rob is inviting 1000 people ALL at once in a batch of invitations. Until all orders have been processed from those 1000 people, another batch of invitations won't go out.

I am gambling on there being less than 1000 invitations in the next batch, because of the increase in the orders:invitations ratio. Also, it would be just my luck, cuz I'm just over 14500 :)

In reply to:

Meanwhile, Rob mentioned a "confirmation process" a while back. I am not familiar with it, having registered
early in June. Is this something the 15,000+ people should be doing? Anything to make it easier...

This was something I think was sent out in a newsletter. It was a link to a web page where you could tell empeg if you were defintely going to buy an empeg or not so that they could decide production ratios. I believe the process of filling out the form was all you needed to confirm (whether you said you'd buy or not). It happened to be a good way to see who was actually still active on the mailing list.

These people are "confirmed clients".

Kureg

Re: Order Invitation Update (prediction) - 25/08/2000 12:40

As another note, I wouldn't be suprised if Rob just starts contacting EVERYONE past 14000 or 15000, as people in these numbers are very likely still active and willing to buy.

Kureg

Re: Order Invitation Update (prediction) - 25/08/2000 12:50

The bribery option is still open, should anyone @empeg wish to make a little extra cash...

If even God can't get a better queue position, what makes you think bribes would work?

Re: Order Invitation Update (prediction) - 25/08/2000 14:07

WOOOHOOO!!! *dances a jig*

Just got the shipment confirmation. Mondays' the day, i can feeeeeel it. Mwahahaha. I wonder if having childlike fits of excitement over a new toy will qualify under "sick days" at work... hrmmm... Ah well, i'll just bring it IN to work, then everyone will understand why nothing is gonna get done that day!

||| soon.to.be.holding.my.empeg

||| loren.cox
||| reg:13810
||| 12GB blue