ISO harness

Posted by: wfaulk

ISO harness - 21/04/2004 09:49

Can someone tell me where I can find an ISO harness to attach to the empeg's connector, please? I've tried all the local shops and no one has one and Crutchfield doesn't seem to list them. I'd even be happy for someone else to buy it locally and send it to me.
Posted by: genixia

Re: ISO harness - 21/04/2004 10:38

http://www.scosche.com/scosche/connectors/VW01R.asp

Re: ISO harness - 21/04/2004 17:28

Thank you.

But everyone on here talks about how this is such a standard. If that's really the case, why is the only connector anyone has offered labelled as a "reverse VW" harness?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: ISO harness - 21/04/2004 17:29

The good thing about standards is, there's so many of them.

Re: ISO harness - 21/04/2004 18:28

Yeah, but usually someone recognizes it. In this case, the only thing that indicates to me that this is a standard in any way is your word.
Posted by: genixia

Re: ISO harness - 21/04/2004 22:53

... everyone on here talks about how this is such a standard. If that's really the case, why is the only connector anyone has offered labelled as a "reverse VW" harness?

Because VW are the biggest manufacturer sold in the US that actually uses it? If you walked into a store in Europe that sold these then they'd be much more likely to name them as ISO connectors. Note though that even that isn't really accurate - _which_ ISO standard is it??