Ok. I need help again :(

Posted by: meth222

Ok. I need help again :( - 04/10/2004 17:00

I got rid of my desktop and I'm trying to a connection from my labtop and the player. I am using a USB cord but I can't get the "link" light to turn on on the back of the player. Why is it not working?
Posted by: genixia

Re: Ok. I need help again :( - 04/10/2004 17:01

The link light only works for ethernet?

Re: Ok. I need help again :( - 04/10/2004 17:04

Yea, it works for ethernet but I don't have it set up for ethernet.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Ok. I need help again :( - 04/10/2004 17:06

And before the next question comes up, USB and Windows XP don't get along unless you hand install the right driver.

Keep in mind that if you can get ethernet working, then it's faster for the car player.

Re: Ok. I need help again :( - 04/10/2004 17:07

Quote:
Yea, it works for ethernet but I don't have it set up for ethernet.

Right. What he's saying is that the link light is an ethernet link light. There are no link lights for USB, on any device that I know of.

Re: Ok. I need help again :( - 04/10/2004 17:09

what do you mean hand install the driver? I'm pretty sure I downloaded the right version.

Re: Ok. I need help again :( - 04/10/2004 17:14

Quote:
what do you mean hand install the driver? I'm pretty sure I downloaded the right version.

Please carefully read the text in that link I provided. You know that the orange words are links right?
Posted by: schofiel

Re: Ok. I need help again :( - 07/10/2004 19:48

Probably because you have shoved the USB "B" connector into the Ethernet socket instead of the USB one? Since that's the only socket on the back with a link LED, I suspect you'll be mailing me soon for a new ethernet socket....

Re: Ok. I need help again :( - 07/10/2004 19:53

Actually, the link light is next to the USB socket, even though it's an indicator for the ethernet socket. Have a look...
Posted by: schofiel

Re: Ok. I need help again :( - 07/10/2004 19:55

It's next to the ethernet socket too, if you stretch things a bit

I seem to remember a young gentleman not so far from this post doing the same (USB in 't Ethernet, bah gum!) a while ago....
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Ok. I need help again :( - 07/10/2004 20:04

hehe

Re: Ok. I need help again :( - 07/10/2004 20:14

Quote:
I seem to remember a young gentleman not so far from this post doing the same (USB in 't Ethernet, bah gum!) a while ago....

In his defense, he was reaching around behind the player and plugging it in without being able to see the sockets.
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: Ok. I need help again :( - 07/10/2004 20:25

If it makes you feel better, I have done it too. I did not bent any pins in the ethernet jack though.