so... another one bites the dust

Posted by: image

so... another one bites the dust - 15/10/2004 10:04

in one of my late night excursions, i left my empeg in the dash at a 24hr restauraunt's parking lot. low and behold, my empeg car was gone when i was done with my food, 2 hrs later. No signs of break in, and only insurance to deal with. oh wells, this is why i bought a spare. so, i guess if anyone comes around w/ serial# 2411, let me know, so i can catch the bastard. sad thing is that poor person doesn't even know what he/she's sitting on unless they google it.

let this be a lesson to you.
Posted by: mtempsch

Re: so... another one bites the dust - 15/10/2004 12:14

Sorry to hear that... Did they "just" take the empeg, or did they know enough to take the dock as well? Other stuff like amps (or do you go through another HU, if so did that get taken as well)?

Re: so... another one bites the dust - 15/10/2004 13:30

they took the empeg and sled. just pulled all of it off the front. leaving the wires that didn't disconnect cleanly. thankfully, i usually keep the trunk hatch locked, so they could not get into my trunk, holding my amp and laptop, among other things. it looks like they just jimmy'd the lock, and left everything else. at least i didn't have to deal with a broken window. though they did look into the middle compartment and probably got excited when they saw one of my old wallets in there. too bad it was already empty.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: so... another one bites the dust - 15/10/2004 15:37

Based on that serial number, that's a Mark 1?

Make sure to email that to the cambridge guys.

Re: so... another one bites the dust - 15/10/2004 18:25

actually its a 2a. i omitted the first few digits (for date and such) because i couldn't rememaber it off the bat. i'll give cambridge, if i knew who to email. usually, it was rob, but i'm sure thats changed.