tuner kits are go

Posted by: pca

tuner kits are go - 01/11/2004 16:08

Well, I have just finished ordering the last of the components required for the next batch of 100 kits. I will be sending out payment requests to pretty much everyone currently in the queue over the next couple of weeks. Once I have shipped this batch of 100, there will be one more batch then that's it for tuners. Order soon if you want one!

pca
Posted by: Daria

Re: tuner kits are go - 01/11/2004 17:01

Shouldn't that have been:
5... 4... 3... 2... 1...
Tuner kits
are go!
Posted by: image

Re: tuner kits are go - 01/11/2004 18:43

so tempted to just order another one just for backup, in case someone breaks into my car once again. thanks again for doing this for the community patrick. =)

Re: tuner kits are go - 01/11/2004 18:46

Well, someone had to!

Anyway, I've worked out that at tuner order 310, I'll actually break even. Not including time, of course! That would be order 1067 or so

pca
Posted by: tfabris

Re: tuner kits are go - 01/11/2004 19:37

It's a good thing you aren't married, otherwise you'd never have gotten SWMBO approval for the tuner kit project.
Posted by: Daria

Re: tuner kits are go - 01/11/2004 20:11

Quote:
It's a good thing you aren't married, otherwise you'd never have gotten SWMBO approval for the tuner kit project.

You don't have to be unmarried, just a poor listener.
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: tuner kits are go - 01/11/2004 20:20

Tuner Site

To save anyone the 5 minutes of searching that took me...

Re: tuner kits are go - 01/11/2004 20:22

You do realise it's at the top of every page on the BBS, right next to 'Eutronix'?

pca
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: tuner kits are go - 01/11/2004 22:58

Only after searching for too long!
Posted by: snoopstah

Re: tuner kits are go - 04/11/2004 15:05

Got my payment request for order 312 today, woohoo! Glad to hear you've finally broken even.

Re: tuner kits are go - 05/11/2004 11:47

Perhaps I should clarify: I'll break even when I sell 310 kits. I've managed to unload about 250 so far. In the past couple of months I've sent out about 120 payment requests and have only had to date about 20 or so responses, so it's a little way off yet.

I wish I hadn't had to buy 200 tuners last time, I have a feeling I may be pushing it to get rid of another 100 kits never mind 200.

Oh well, assuming I at least break even I can sell off the remaining parts to a surplus dealer and at least get some of the money back on them. If I don't break even, I'll be several grand in the hole, which will probably kill the memory board project before it even starts.

pca
Posted by: bonzi

Re: tuner kits are go - 05/11/2004 11:58

Quote:
If I don't break even, I'll be several grand in the hole, which will probably kill the memory board project before it even starts.

Nooo! As far as I am concerned, paying for your projects in advance is perfectly OK. I did not need a tuner, but am certainly interested in memory board!
Posted by: Mach

Re: tuner kits are go - 05/11/2004 12:13

I see your payment request and raise you an order confirmation #346. Anyone else?
Posted by: Redrum

Re: tuner kits are go - 05/11/2004 12:18

Perhaps during their wait they found an alternative. Rumors of close to a year’s wait may have soured many on ordering.

Re: tuner kits are go - 05/11/2004 13:01

Unfortunately true. Not that I could really do anything about it, but it's a nuisance.

pca

Re: tuner kits are go - 17/11/2004 11:04

Anyone had the tuner delivered yet from this batch? Don't want to bug Patrick by mail, because I'm sure he's very busy, but mine hasn't turned up yet despite paying two weeks ago. I know Royal Mail are going downhill, but still

So, anyone else received theirs yet, or am I just impatient?
Posted by: schofiel

Re: tuner kits are go - 18/11/2004 06:32

A lot will be going out today.
Posted by: RandallFarr

Re: tuner kits are go - 30/11/2004 18:32

Mine showed up on 24/11/2004. Unfortunately, I wasn't home to receive it, so I had to wait a couple days then go to the post office to pick it up. I'm thrilled that it's here after having driven the past several months with no radio- I just have to tune in to the Don & Mike show once in a while.

I'm a little disappointed because I'm having some trouble getting the tuner working properly. See this thread for the details. Hopefully someone can give me a clue.

-Randy

Re: tuner kits are go - 11/12/2004 19:48

Just thought I'd post to say my tuner kit turned up fine, and apart from losing a resistor (fell on the floor somewhere, and I couldn't for the life of me find it!), construction went fine.

Not done any soldering for a good couple of years, but had no problem with this - instructions were stunningly good. Took me around 5 hours to complete (I took my time), but as I didn't have a PSU to supply 12v, I couldn't test it, so I took my life (or at least, my tuner) into my hands and just plugged it right in to the car sled. Worked first time, absolutely spot-on!

Really pleased with it, I'm amazed with how sensitive it is (I'm picking up foreign FM stations from Southampton!), and how fast it tunes from one station to another. Software is also fantastic, although the black text on white background for the station info is a little annoying.

While it's true that radio isn't really necessary with the empeg, I'm very pleased with this - I've missed listening to the radio on occasion in the car, and I think I might now have the best car radio as well as the best car MP3 player! Thanks to Patrick for making the kit available.
Posted by: errol

Re: tuner kits are go - 04/01/2005 21:42

Any tuner kits still available?
Posted by: schofiel

Re: tuner kits are go - 04/01/2005 22:08

LOADS of them - but you have to be QUICK!