tuner compatible software

Posted by: jarob10

tuner compatible software - 07/11/2004 11:20

Can anyone confirm the most recent software release which has a fully operational tuner? I was gonna upgrade to 3.0 for this reason (following a planned memory upgrade), but I believe this version may have tuner operation issies.
Posted by: DeadFire

Re: tuner compatible software - 07/11/2004 14:47

Version 3 of the car player software is still in the alpha stage. It has a ways to go. If you want to be able to make use of extra memory and not have to worry about your tuner functioning improperly, you should use v2.01. It's an update to 2.00 that allows for the detection of extra RAM installed onto the player.
Posted by: robricc

Re: tuner compatible software - 07/11/2004 15:26

The tuner seek function doesn't work in 2.0 and I don't think that issue was fixed in the 2.01 release. 2.0 beta 13 is the most stable release where the tuner works I think.
Posted by: DeadFire

Re: tuner compatible software - 08/11/2004 02:08

Oh, I didn't know that. I don't actually have a tuner myself. And if I did I don't think I'd force myself to listen to the garbage coming over the airwaves around here.

Anyhow, 2beta13 won't recognize the extra RAM, will it? I know Hijack will, but that means only Hijack will get to use it, right?
Posted by: Roger

Re: tuner compatible software - 08/11/2004 08:05

Quote:
The tuner seek function doesn't work in 2.0 and I don't think that issue was fixed in the 2.01 release

So install 2b13 and set up a bunch of presets, and then install 2.01. Or do what I do -- don't bother listening to the radio -- I only have the tuner installed for the stalk interface.
Posted by: robricc

Re: tuner compatible software - 08/11/2004 11:37

Quote:
So install 2b13 and set up a bunch of presets, and then install 2.01.

The US is quite a bit bigger than England. Drive about 45 miles and if you want to hear some local flavor, you're going to have to seek. Of course, it's very rare I listen to the radio as well. It's sometimes good to see what's going on though.

Another suggestion would be that when you open v2.0 back up (which was a freak occurrence anyway), fix the effing tuner issue!
Posted by: Taym

Re: tuner compatible software - 08/11/2004 13:27

I use 3.00Alpha7 + Hijack, which I use to fix tuner issues. Works great.