Replacement remotes...

Posted by: JrFaust

Replacement remotes... - 10/01/2005 15:55

Well it's happening my buttons still work but I can see the wear and tear taking its toll.
So I looked around my house and found a few remotes that I thought I'd use to replace my original one.
The first one was my Twinhan 1020a Sat remote all buttons work but not that great of a match.
The next one was my Dell branded Rio receiver remote all buttons work and a much better match.
The last one I was hoping would work was my Tivo remote but no luck there might just need the right programming code.

But my main question is has anyone found a good match for a replacement remote? I actually like size of the three that I tried because they can't fall in between my seat and center console. But the button labeling and placement are the biggest concern.

Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Robert
Posted by: mtempsch

Re: Replacement remotes... - 10/01/2005 16:18

Kenwood has (had?) the remote used for the empeg MkI available as an aftermarket item model no KCA-R6A IIRC - I'd be surprised if not mentioned in the FAQ...

Also, if a remote is recognized at all, but the buttons don't match, you can remap them using the ir_translate functionality of Hijack.
Posted by: JrFaust

Re: Replacement remotes... - 10/01/2005 16:26

Ok let me clarify I used the ir_translate to get the two working, what I meant was the button labels are a bad match.
Both the remotes work perfectly, way better than I thought they would.

I do know about the Kenwood remote, but I was looking for remotes that are a little easier to get a hold of, something that would be in other circles not just here in the hording hands of Empeg owners .
Posted by: schofiel

Re: Replacement remotes... - 10/01/2005 19:41

Well, I have a box of about 40 Kenwood remotes sat here doing nothing. Cheap!
Posted by: eliceo

Re: Replacement remotes... - 10/01/2005 21:05

You have KCA-R6A remotes? I would be interested in 2 to 3 if you are willing to sell and ship to the US.
Posted by: schofiel

Re: Replacement remotes... - 10/01/2005 21:21

No problems. Mail me on [email protected]