Food

Posted by: schofiel

Food - 11/02/2005 12:34

Decisions, decisions....

There are two possibilities for food on the Friday night at the empeg User's Meet, 2005. It was the tradition, up to The Restaurant Bill From Hell (2003) to have a mass ribs feast at de Kluif/Meneer Pastoor.

Last year, the restaurant changed hands and as a result of a makeover that was in progress at the time of the meet, we changed venue to de Drie Ringen Brouwerij for beer and a memorable Thai food buffet.

I am interested in what your preferences would be for this year for those attending as I have started the preparation for the event and am making tentative bookings. So here's your chance to directly influence the event!
Posted by: Cris

Re: Food - 11/02/2005 15:29

The promise of Ribs again this year may be enough to tip the balance and make me drop into the meet on the way to Southern Spain in the Smart

Fingers Crossed !!!

Cheers

Cris.
Posted by: andym

Re: Food - 11/02/2005 18:30

I missed out on the Ribs in 2003 as I arrived late, and obviously we had the Thai last. These ribs seem to be legendary so I'd hate to miss out.
Posted by: boxer

Re: Food - 12/02/2005 05:51

Stupidly enough, I don't like ribs at all, but whatever else it was I had, was just the job, and unless they've lost the spirit of it in the changes, the place had great ambience!
Empeggers are never wrong, 78% of Embeggers are even less wrong!!!!!
Posted by: rob

Re: Food - 12/02/2005 13:24

Quote:
Stupidly enough, I don't like ribs at all, but whatever else it was I had, was just the job, and unless they've lost the spirit of it in the changes, the place had great ambience!

It's a little more modern, a little less cluttered, but the general ambiance is still there. As are the dirty great nuns.

Rob
Posted by: Ezekiel

Re: Food - 12/02/2005 16:45

Quote:
As are the dirty great nuns.

[Baffled] HUH? [/Baffled]

Am I in the wrong thread?

-Zeke
Posted by: boxer

Re: Food - 12/02/2005 17:09

I thought that I woldn't show my ignorance, or own up to it being quite likely that, owing to pressure of booze, my memory was probably missing for part of the evening!
Posted by: schofiel

Re: Food - 13/02/2005 09:35

Well, the only way you're gonna find out is to come to the meet, then!
Posted by: Ezekiel

Re: Food - 13/02/2005 19:53

Ain't happenin...sadly. Ignorance it is then.

-Zeke