Menu navigation option?

Posted by: jrstone2000

Menu navigation option? - 21/10/2005 18:01

Like many here, I have owned an empeg for a number of years. The only inconvenience with the menu options are that when switching from one folder to another, the browse function always starts at the top of the menu tree. I currently have over 2000 cds organized in a pyramid like fashion from genre->subgenre->artist->album. Does anyone know of a way to start within the currently playing music folder and navigating out from there after finishing with one folder and moving to the next without having to start at the top of the menu tree?
Thanks for any input anyone can provide.
James
Posted by: bootsy

Re: Menu navigation option? - 21/10/2005 18:07

If you press and hold the bottom button it will return you to the last playlist you browsed to. Not exactly what you are looking for, but helpful I hope.
Posted by: jrstone2000

Re: Menu navigation option? - 21/10/2005 18:09

That's great! thanks alot for the tip!
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: Menu navigation option? - 22/10/2005 23:49

Do you first press Down to enter the menu, then press and hold Down to return to the last playlist? Or do you press and hold Down from within the Playlist menu?
Posted by: speedy67

Re: Menu navigation option? - 23/10/2005 06:44

when the "cursor" is on the playlists menu-item.
down, downhold from the start, IIRC
Posted by: Roger

Re: Menu navigation option? - 23/10/2005 08:38

Quote:
Do you first press Down to enter the menu, then press and hold Down to return to the last playlist?

Yes, press Down to open the main menu then, with the cursor on 'Playlists', press-and-hold Down. It'll take you to the last selected playlist.

Quote:
Or do you press and hold Down from within the Playlist menu?

This would have the cursor on the 'play all' arrow at the top level. Press-and-hold at this point takes you to the Replace/Append/Insert/Queue menu.