Sirius Receiver compatible with Empeg... which is a good unit?

Posted by: Fuddy

Sirius Receiver compatible with Empeg... which is a good unit? - 13/01/2006 18:18

I'm looking for a sirius receiver for my rio empeg.. which is a good one and what are your experiences with them.. .

tya
Posted by: tman

Re: Sirius Receiver compatible with Empeg... which is a good unit? - 13/01/2006 18:27

Anything which has line outputs will work as the only way you can connect it is via the line inputs on the empeg/rio sled.
Posted by: Fuddy

Re: Sirius Receiver compatible with Empeg... which is a good unit? - 13/01/2006 18:31

I'm thinking y cable from the output jack in a sirius receiver to the aux rca inputs on the empeg
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Sirius Receiver compatible with Empeg... which is a good unit? - 13/01/2006 19:00

Why a Y cable?
Posted by: robricc

Re: Sirius Receiver compatible with Empeg... which is a good unit? - 13/01/2006 19:03

Although not really a Y cable, he probably means a cable 1/8" mini headphone on one end and 2 RCAs on the other.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Sirius Receiver compatible with Empeg... which is a good unit? - 13/01/2006 19:07

Ah. Yes, that would work.
Posted by: petteri

Re: Sirius Receiver compatible with Empeg... which is a good unit? - 15/01/2006 01:46

For what its worth I've got a Brix Streamer (older gen 2.0) hooked up to my Empeg. There was talk around here a while ago of getting a Sirius tuner to work directly with the Empeg but that project never got off the ground...