Freshly Painted Dock

Posted by: sein

Freshly Painted Dock - 24/05/2006 17:24

So I helped out the guy a few doors down my road who makes Bathroom Suites with his electrics. He mentioned he had a spray booth, so I kinda made him have a go at my dock when he had a bit of spare time. The result is pretty fantastic. It is not piano-shiny, a little bit more matte than that, but it just 'goes' so well.

Posted by: schofiel

Re: Freshly Painted Dock - 24/05/2006 17:33

A thing of beauty!
Posted by: mlord

Re: Freshly Painted Dock - 24/05/2006 17:58

SWMBO approves (she always likes to see her docks in action).. looks great!
Posted by: SonicSnoop

Re: Freshly Painted Dock - 24/05/2006 18:31

I have to say that is beautiful... I have never been a fan of docks being painted always prefered them natural but that is a VERY good job..
Posted by: Roger

Re: Freshly Painted Dock - 24/05/2006 18:32

Wow. That's gorgeous. I want something like that for my docks.
Posted by: cushman

Re: Freshly Painted Dock - 24/05/2006 18:39

Spray-on finish always looks good, especially when done by someone who knows what they are doing. Nice!
Posted by: sein

Re: Freshly Painted Dock - 24/05/2006 18:52

Thanks a lot guys!

All credit to my friend, he knows his stuff. Apparantly it is down to the chemicals he uses, he did it in two coats after cleaning it up. Amazing stuff.

The bathrooms he has on show are more impressive. He paints wooden panels for bathtubs in that booth, and they come out so shiny it is more like fiberglass than wood.
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: Freshly Painted Dock - 25/05/2006 00:35

Wow, that is the most stealthy empeg ever! What an excelent paint job. My compliments to all involved.
Posted by: schofiel

Re: Freshly Painted Dock - 25/05/2006 20:27

So, Chris, are you coming over in September?
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: Freshly Painted Dock - 25/05/2006 23:31

Oh yes, I will be there in September, for my third meet. Haven't bought my ticket or finished planning my itinerary yet (too busy), but I've got a hotel room with my name (and schido's) on it.

See you then!!