Really stupid question - "Artists" and "Albums" playlists/directories

Posted by: julf

Really stupid question - "Artists" and "Albums" playlists/directories - 20/09/2006 13:43

Umm... Feel really silly asking this... But in some of the upgrades I lost the "Artists" and "Albums" playlist entries - so now I can only play my own playlists, or use the remote to do searches, but there is no way to play a specific album or songs by a specific artist... How do I get them back?

This might have been a result of going to 3.X versions, and then back to 2.01
Posted by: JBjorgen

Re: Really stupid question - "Artists" and "Albums" playlists/directo - 20/09/2006 13:57

Perhaps you had setup some Soups in JEmplode at some point? Those menu items have never existed in a version of the software I've tried.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Really stupid question - "Artists" and "Albums" playlists/directo - 20/09/2006 14:45

John is correct. The Empeg Car never had those by default. The only way you get artist and album playlists is if you either create them yourself (as playlists of your own named "artists" and "albums"), or you use the Jemplode tool to create the artists and albums soup playlists.

I'm guessing you did the latter, and you just need to run Jemplode again.

Re: Really stupid question - "Artists" and "Albums" playlists/directo - 20/09/2006 16:28

Quote:
John is correct. The Empeg Car never had those by default.

Hmm. Odd. I can swear I had that when I first got the empegs, with 1.X. So how does everybody play a certain artist/album without the remote?
Quote:
The only way you get artist and album playlists is if you either create them yourself (as playlists of your own named "artists" and "albums"), or you use the Jemplode tool to create the artists and albums soup playlists.

I'm guessing you did the latter, and you just need to run Jemplode again.

OK! Will try! Thanks!
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Really stupid question - "Artists" and "Albums" playlists/directo - 20/09/2006 16:39

Quote:
Hmm. Odd. I can swear I had that when I first got the empegs, with 1.X. So how does everybody play a certain artist/album without the remote?

You make your own playlists that are set up like that.

Generally speaking, when you drag-and-drop directories into emplode, it makes playlists that match the directories in addition to uploading the music. So, assuming that your music was in directories that matched the Artist/Album structure, those would be the playlists that got created initially.

Re: Really stupid question - "Artists" and "Albums" playlists/directo - 20/09/2006 17:44

Quote:
So how does everybody play a certain artist/album without the remote?

Like this.

Re: Really stupid question - "Artists" and "Albums" playlists/directo - 21/09/2006 06:54

Quote:
Generally speaking, when you drag-and-drop directories into emplode, it makes playlists that match the directories in addition to uploading the music. So, assuming that your music was in directories that matched the Artist/Album structure, those would be the playlists that got created initially.

Hmm... So what I should do is clear out everything and reinstall/repopulate emplode to make it recreate the playlists?

Re: Really stupid question - "Artists" and "Albums" playlists/directo - 21/09/2006 06:56

Quote:
Like this.

Hmm... Been there, done that. Do I have to create a playlist for each artist separately, manually?
Posted by: andy

Re: Really stupid question - "Artists" and "Albums" playlists/directo - 21/09/2006 08:35

If you use jEmplode you can get it to create the Artist/Album structure for you, assuming your MP3s are well tagged.

Re: Really stupid question - "Artists" and "Albums" playlists/directo - 21/09/2006 13:25

Quote:
Do I have to create a playlist for each artist separately, manually?

Not if the files on your PC are already arranged into those folders.

Re: Really stupid question - "Artists" and "Albums" playlists/directo - 22/09/2006 13:51

Ahh, yes... Deleting all music on the player, then repopulating the directories did the trick. Thanks everybody!