Play count pseudo-randomness

Posted by: FireFox31

Play count pseudo-randomness - 08/12/2006 01:19

After upgrading from 1.03 to 2.0final, I have some interesting play count data. Thought 1.03 never said it maintained play counts, it seems to have. However, many songs I've played have 0 count and a handfull have 20+ count.

Oddly, the distribution is not random. Songs from albums I rarely, if ever, listen to have the 20+ playcounts. Some songs I've heard many times have the 0 counts. Most of the others have realistic counts, but I don't know which to trust.

I'll probably try to erase all play counts and start from scratch. Does that still require running builder and reuploading everything? Or can I just tamper with the metadata on the scratch drive somehow?

Ah, I should add .LRCs to everything and reupload.
Posted by: frog51

Re: Play count pseudo-randomness - 08/12/2006 06:41

There is a thread on how to wipe dynamic data but I can't remember just now. If you can't find it by this evening I know I have it saved somewhere on my home machine so I'll let you know.
Posted by: mlord

Re: Play count pseudo-randomness - 08/12/2006 12:54

Quote:
There is a thread on how to wipe dynamic data but I can't remember just now. If you can't find it by this evening I know I have it saved somewhere on my home machine so I'll let you know.

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda3 bs=512 seek=4096

Re: Play count pseudo-randomness - 08/12/2006 16:50

Thanks Mark, sounds painless. What other dynamic data does that erase? "Date last played"? "Date added"? I wonder if it will erase something that I wanted. (ha, as if running the builder would have saved it?)
Posted by: mlord

Re: Play count pseudo-randomness - 08/12/2006 17:07

It wipes any and all "per-tune" data, and only that.

-ml
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Play count pseudo-randomness - 08/12/2006 21:34

More detail on resetting the dynamic data partition.

Re: Play count pseudo-randomness - 09/12/2006 19:27

Oops, sorry, forgot to check the FAQ. Only searched the BBS (with my weak search ability).

Thanks guys. I may only delete and reupload the songs which incorrectly have 0 and 20+ plays. Odd that it's whole albums of them.