JEmplode and OSX

Posted by: webroach

JEmplode and OSX - 22/01/2007 04:45

Not that it took much doing, but I repackaged JEmplode as a standard OSX application bundle, so that I could have a decent looking icon when I'm running it, rather than having to look at the crappy standard .jar icon in my dock. If anyone else wants it, just let me know.
Posted by: petteri

Re: JEmplode and OSX - 22/01/2007 10:37

Sounds great! I'm just about finished migrating to OSX, so your project came along just at the right time! Thanks.

Re: JEmplode and OSX - 22/01/2007 14:53

Quote:
Sounds great! I'm just about finished migrating to OSX, so your project came along just at the right time! Thanks.

You're welcome, but it's really not much of a project. It probably took all of 10 minutes, but you have to have the developer tools (to repackage it, not to use it).

When you want a copy, just let me know, and I can email it to you. In total it's about 2MB.
Posted by: loren

Re: JEmplode and OSX - 22/01/2007 17:41

Me wanty!

loren at skivvies dot com
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: JEmplode and OSX - 22/01/2007 17:47

Quote:
you have to have the developer tools (to repackage it

Actually, as I remember, it just a series of directories with an image in one of them. You don't need the developers tools if you just remember the structure. But I could be wrong.
Posted by: drakino

Re: JEmplode and OSX - 22/01/2007 19:03

I haven't done this recently, but in the past I just grabbed the old "jEmpeg 2.0" files from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=12943 then did a "Show Package Content" on the app it included to replace the .jar file inside.

As far as hosting yours, it may be small enough to be attached to this thread.

Re: JEmplode and OSX - 22/01/2007 22:16

Quote:
Quote:
you have to have the developer tools (to repackage it

Actually, as I remember, it just a series of directories with an image in one of them. You don't need the developers tools if you just remember the structure. But I could be wrong.

I think you could do it like that, but by going the developer tool direction, the builder automatically adds the stub files, plist files, etc.

Those who have asked for it should have it in their inbox as we speak. Please let me know if there are any problems.

Re: JEmplode and OSX - 22/01/2007 22:17

Quote:
I haven't done this recently, but in the past I just grabbed the old "jEmpeg 2.0" files from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=12943 then did a "Show Package Content" on the app it included to replace the .jar file inside.

As far as hosting yours, it may be small enough to be attached to this thread.

I didn't think it'd work...the package is like 1.8MB.
Posted by: drakino

Re: JEmplode and OSX - 23/01/2007 00:27

From the post preview/attachment screen:

You may attach a file if you like (no bigger than 10000000 bytes please).

Thats about a 9.5mb limit right now.

Re: JEmplode and OSX - 23/01/2007 02:07

Quote:
From the post preview/attachment screen:

You may attach a file if you like (no bigger than 10000000 bytes please).

Thats about a 9.5mb limit right now.

Ok, nice! I edited the original post to add a ZIP file of the app as an attachment.

I never noticed that we could add an attachment so large. Has it always been like that?
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: JEmplode and OSX - 23/01/2007 04:36

Quote:
I never noticed that we could add an attachment so large. Has it always been like that?

No... it used to be much smaller than that. There were cases in the past of people not being able to attach something due to the size.
Posted by: andy

Re: JEmplode and OSX - 23/01/2007 08:52

Quote:

and some bits and pieces of XML, packages are one of the bits of OSX that I actually like