Just want to get album art...

Posted by: jbauer

Just want to get album art... - 22/03/2007 15:41

Anyone know of a good (and free) program to JUST grab album art for me? Media Monkey looks promising, but does way more than I want/need...

Suggestions?

- Thanx
- Jon
Posted by: robricc

Re: Just want to get album art... - 22/03/2007 16:28

I have used this program in the past. It was written for the Sansa e200 series, but it just saves the album art as folder.jpg which is pretty common.

Currently, I have WMP 11 handling all my album art and re-tagging since I'm sharing my media to my DirecTV HR20s through WMP 11 anyway. That's free, but probably a lot more intense than that little utility I linked to.

Re: Just want to get album art... - 22/03/2007 16:58

That program looks good, but it looks like you've gotta have your album art already. I want to find something that will grab the art from Amazon, for example, and either embed the image into the mp3, or save it to a file in the right directory... BTW, it seems that Media Monkey can do this, but one album at a time - faster with semi-automated scripts, but I dunno if I want to get into that...

- Thanx
- Jon

Re: Just want to get album art... - 22/03/2007 17:07

The program I linked does grab from Amazon (or some other website).

Re: Just want to get album art... - 22/03/2007 19:43

Quote:
The program I linked does grab from Amazon (or some other website).

Ok, got the program, went through it. I can't figure out how to get new art with it. Only seems to work with art that you've already downloaded...

- Jon

Re: Just want to get album art... - 22/03/2007 20:53

You're right. OK, maybe that's not what I used for getting art prior to WMP 11. I will have a look around my hard drive...
Posted by: gbeer

Re: Just want to get album art... - 01/04/2007 18:53

Also this http://louhi.kempele.fi/~skyostil/projects/albumart/