Empeg extension cable

Posted by: JimCamel

Empeg extension cable - 16/02/2009 09:56

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to get an extension cable (male on one end, female on the other) for the socket on the back of the empeg. When I installed mine in my car the sled wouldn't fit, so I took the wires off the sled and I just plug it in to the back on the empeg and slide it in the dash. However it's pretty tight in there (I have mp3 cd player in there too) and it's a little tricky to get the plug back on because it's so far in the dash, I was thinking a 30cm extension cord would make life a lot easier. I know you can buy the plug and socket, but by the looks of it you need to buy all the pins separately, so it sounds like a bit of a chore to set up, not to mention expensive.
Posted by: Boelle

Re: Empeg extension cable - 16/02/2009 10:39

just a bit OT.. but how much space would you need to make the sled fit?
Posted by: sein

Re: Empeg extension cable - 16/02/2009 11:28

You can get an extension for the ISO end of that cable (which connects to the car) from any car audio shop.

Re: Empeg extension cable - 17/02/2009 01:49

I bought the car second hand, and it had already had the stereo replaced and the person hadn't used an ISO converter, just cut the old wires and connected them to the wires from the new stereo cable, since I didn't have the original connector I did the same.

As far as how much room, a half centimetre either side should do it, but I really didn't want to cut the dash in the car. as it stands the empeg fits in there pretty well without the sled anyway.
Posted by: Boelle

Re: Empeg extension cable - 17/02/2009 05:54

then you would need to make an extension for the big black plug... dont know the part numbers.. but sure some of the guru's do

Re: Empeg extension cable - 17/02/2009 09:42

Replacement parts are at: http://empegwiki.org/index.php?title=Replacement_Parts

I was just wondering if anyone had a complete plug and socket so I didn't have to buy the pins separately
Posted by: JBjorgen

Re: Empeg extension cable - 18/02/2009 21:51

I might...lemme dig through the parts bin...

Re: Empeg extension cable - 19/02/2009 20:50

Cheers man, I appreciate it.
Posted by: JBjorgen

Re: Empeg extension cable - 23/02/2009 14:40

I had a bunch of connectors and pins, but I've moved three times in the last year, and I'm not able to find them. Sorry.

Re: Empeg extension cable - 23/02/2009 20:21

That's okay, cheers for having a look for me.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Empeg extension cable - 23/02/2009 20:27

Also see if Eutronix has one (link at the top of the page).