Old forum, dwindling membership, for 15-year-old discontinued product

Posted by: tfabris

Old forum, dwindling membership, for 15-year-old discontinued product - 27/01/2015 19:02

An old forum for a product that's been discontinued for 15 years lives on and thrives, its members are creative and intelligent, and still find fulfillment and enjoyment in participating. Naw, that can't possibly ever happen.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/01/23/secret-douglas-adams-rpg-people-playing-15-years
Posted by: Phoenix42

Re: Old forum, dwindling membership, for 15-year-old discontinued product - 28/01/2015 00:09

*grin*
Posted by: klaruz

Re: Old forum, dwindling membership, for 15-year-old discontinued product - 28/01/2015 16:35

I just read that article and this was the first place I thought of. I drop by this board once or twice a year to see if there's software I need or if anybody has found a worthy replacement for the empeg.

I still have my Mk II, which I finally took out of my truck last year. I'm currently building a case for it with a raspberry pi included for a general digital system to go with my main stereo.
Posted by: ShadowMan

Re: Old forum, dwindling membership, for 15-year-old discontinued product - 15/09/2015 14:28

Every time I try and use my iPhone to play music and want to insert or append a song I think back to the empeg.

I also drop back once or twice a year.
smile
Posted by: andy

Re: Old forum, dwindling membership, for 15-year-old discontinued product - 15/09/2015 19:06

You can now do that in the Music app in iOS 8.4.1, though it works a little oddly.
Posted by: JBjorgen

Re: Old forum, dwindling membership, for 15-year-old discontinued product - 16/09/2015 05:31

I noticed that. It's not quite as elegant as the Append, Insert, Enqueue on the empeg but it does work. In another 15 years, maybe we'll get like and hate buttons. smile

Re: Old forum, dwindling membership, for 15-year-old discontinued product - 16/09/2015 10:10

It makes a bit more sense to me now that I've worked out that "Add to up next" adds things to the end of the queue. I could have sworn when I first tried it that "Play next" and "Add to up next" were both adding stuff into the very next slot in the queue.

Though to be fair, I'm not sure I ever worked out what the difference between append and enqueue were either wink

Re: Old forum, dwindling membership, for 15-year-old discontinued product - 16/09/2015 10:15

I like to think that some feature request that Hugo added to an internal bug database while he was Apple finally made it to the top...