Accessory facial lenses?

Posted by: MiloDC

Accessory facial lenses? - 27/06/2001 20:07

Sorry for asking this (I figure it's been asked before, ad nauseam), but where do I order alternate colo(u)red lenses for my emp... er, Rio car, now that empeg has been swallowed up by the corporate mach... er, Sonic Blue?

-- Milo --

--
Milo D. Cooper
http://www.milospace.net/
Posted by: rob

Re: Accessory facial lenses? - 28/06/2001 01:48

We have had a large number of these on order from the manufacturer for ages, but unfortunately the factory that applies the AR coating had a breakdown. I spoke with them yesterday, and it is going to be 3 to 4 weeks before we receive the stock.

At that time they will become available from our online stores, and from Car Toys.

Rob

Posted by: rockstar

Re: Accessory facial lenses? - 28/06/2001 10:02

what color are you looking for man, i have a red and blue here i am not using.

Posted by: MiloDC

Re: Accessory facial lenses? - 28/06/2001 10:11

> Rockstar wrote:
>
> "what color are you looking for man, i have a red and blue here i am not using."

I'm considering an amber lens. Thanks, anyway.

--
Milo D. Cooper
http://www.milospace.net/
Posted by: jimhogan

Re: Accessory facial lenses? - 28/06/2001 10:35

Hey! How about an on-line Empeg Swap Meet?

If anyone has an extra green plate they'd like to sell (or trade for my red), I'm game. I just got done with about 6 hours of taking the Dremel to the *(^%(*^%*^ silver-painted, non-standard radio trim ring in the WRX and it would just make my weekend to light up the Empeg in the right color!

Thanks,

Jim

Posted by: Taym

Re: Accessory facial lenses? - 29/06/2001 10:00

Is the red AR?
Is the Blue AR?

I'll get the red no matter what, and the blue only if it is AR. How much? :)

Taym

Re: Accessory facial lenses? - 29/06/2001 21:10

If you're not worried about the AR coating and if you have a Mark I I'm now offering different colored lenses.

Take a look at this post.

Just in case you're interested.

Steve

Re: Accessory facial lenses? - 30/06/2001 04:30

Thank you, but I have Mark II :)

Taym

Re: Accessory facial lenses? - 30/06/2001 07:00

Stay tuned then......

Steve

Posted by: crazymelki

Steve's faceplates - 03/07/2001 07:03

I got my two faceplates (clear and smoke) for my MKII today!

Steve they are great! Now I can read my display anytime and everywhere....Now I have also Empeg fun in the sun ;-)

Good job!

Thanks a lot!

cm

Re: Accessory facial lenses? - 04/07/2001 03:36

Ok, Steve, are they available for MK II now? I am quite intereted, I have to say...

Thanks,

Taym

Re: Accessory facial lenses? - 04/07/2001 05:01

Not yet, but keep in mind that the Mark II's use a 1/16th inch lens as opposed to the Mark I's 1/8th which is what the material is only available in, so when I design the one for a Mark II it is most likely not going to be able to use the Mark II fascia and will look more like a Mark I with Mark II buttons & volume knob. I do have one other idea though, but I can't try either of them out since my CNC is down & out at the moment (I think it's from this South Florida heat).

I will post when I have solutions worked out especially since there seems to be more Mark II owners than there are Mark I owners.

Steve