Increase logo display time??

Posted by: Valsalva2

Increase logo display time?? - 15/01/2002 19:20

Does anyone know how to increase the amount of time the logo is displayed? Thanks!
Posted by: tanstaafl.

Re: Increase logo display time?? - 15/01/2002 19:48

Does anyone know how to increase the amount of time the logo is displayed? Thanks!

Install one of the defective hard drive cables (I'm sure there are quite a few people now on the bbs who would be happy to send you one) and you'll be able to watch the bootup logo for as long as you like.

tanstaafl.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Increase logo display time?? - 16/01/2002 01:07

I think you're the first who has ever asked that. Usually people want their players to boot faster.

If you just want to look at the custom logo "on demand" for a long time (rather than lengthening the boot time), installing one of the .upgrade files will put the custom logo on the screen for several minutes.
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Increase logo display time?? - 16/01/2002 08:21

Install and upgrade file?!? Tony you crack me up! :P I have to admit that I would like the logo to display a little longer. I have actually pulled the player out of the sled and put it back in if my passanger missed the logo... It is kind of a trivial matter and the novelty wears off after the first time or two they see it, but all that hard work you put into the logo editor and we only get to see it for a second or two!
Posted by: rtundo

Re: Increase logo display time?? - 16/01/2002 08:29

It would be neat if the screen blanking feature alternated various logos instead of simply going blank.
Posted by: frog51

Re: Increase logo display time?? - 16/01/2002 09:23

Or if static could show your logo rather than tux (or have both as options)

I guess various smart folk have successfully overwritten the images (tux and escher) but it would be lovely to have an easier option for us slightly thicker types - such as an add on to the logoeditor to replace any of the images used on the empeg.
That would be cool. I have in mind all sorts of pics for image pan Hee hee

Frog51
Posted by: spider

Re: Increase logo display time?? - 16/01/2002 11:06

reboot it w/ hijack