Display Server

Posted by: kojak71

Display Server - 19/01/2002 08:55

I've installed v1.1 on top of emplode 2b7 and Hijack. Manage to connect to the eMpeg via the ie 6 using the empeg's IP address, but all I get is the directory structure and no applet. Am I missing something really obvious?
Posted by: Nosferatu

Re: Display Server - 19/01/2002 09:48

If there is no index.html file on the root filesystem, the HTTPD server will act as as a FileBrowser.

Mandiola has made scripts and html stuff to control the player via web browser :
Mandiola Stuff
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Display Server - 19/01/2002 11:27

on top of emplode 2b7 and Hijack. (...) all I get is the directory structure and no applet. Am I missing something really obvious?

Yes, you are missing something really obvious.

Both Hijack and Displayserver are HTTP servers. Web servers, by default, run on port 80. Disable or remove hijack and displayserver will work. I do not know if Hijack has a way to change the HTTP server's port number, but that would probably work, too.

Also, I think there's a way to make displayserver run on a different port, also, so you could try that as well.
Posted by: kojak71

Re: Display Server - 19/01/2002 12:10

Thanks Tony, it seems to have done the trick, now to experiment and see if I can get both Display Server and Hijack to live together
Posted by: Alan

Re: Display Server - 19/01/2002 13:03

Hyperterminal drops you into empeg/bin, whats the command to go up 2 directories to root?
Posted by: mtempsch

Re: Display Server - 19/01/2002 13:07

'cd ../..' which moves up two directories, or 'cd /' which cd's to / directly

/Michael