"There doesn't appear to be a player connected."

Posted by: MiloDC

"There doesn't appear to be a player connected." - 12/02/2002 03:20

Anyone have any idea why I keep getting this error, directly after the "Select Player" dialog shows my player connected via USB?

I have noticed that, if I don't select the player for a while, it disappears from the "Select Player" dialog, as if the USB connection has timed out, or something.

Is this a Windows XP issue?
Posted by: muzza

Re: "There doesn't appear to be a player connected." - 12/02/2002 05:50

Seems to be. You can more reliably connect via ethernet. If you're available, I think Roger would like to work throught the XP USB issues. They haven't had much off site testing in this area unfortunately.
Posted by: Roger

Re: "There doesn't appear to be a player connected." - 12/02/2002 06:43

I think Roger would like to work throught the XP USB issues.

Nope. I just said we'd never seen it .
Posted by: muzza

Re: "There doesn't appear to be a player connected." - 12/02/2002 18:12

Bollocks.
You'd said you'd never seen it at work, but there seem to be a lot of people having this error but as soon as you mention that ethernet works you don't hear from them again.
Yes I know you said that tongue in cheek.

edit: that came across stronger than I wanted
Posted by: BryceG

Re: "There doesn't appear to be a player connected." - 12/02/2002 18:15

Just got mine today and am able to get it working just fine usually on Win XP Pro, had to unplug the usb though wait a sec, put it back in and click refresh to get it to show up.
Downloaded teh 2.0 beta 11 and was having problems connecting to the player after I installed it using the new emplode program. It will see the player the first time, fail on the secon step of connection, then not see the player anymore unless I unplug the usb then plug it back in just to recieve the same error again. I havnt tried going through the ethernet yet though.
Posted by: Roger

Re: "There doesn't appear to be a player connected." - 13/02/2002 04:29

No. I said -- we'd never seen it. Us/we/empeg. We've never seen it.

Other people have seen it. We believe them. We've not seen it.

If we don't see it, we can't debug it.

Clear?