2 dumb questions

Posted by: busdepot

2 dumb questions - 13/02/2002 21:53

Couldn't find this info in the FAQ, and can't look in the "help" files because that's one of my problems ...

Problem # 1: Using the latest version of Emplode, when I click on "Help Topics" nothing happens. Tried reinstalling; it asked me if I wanted to repair the original software installation, I said yes, but still no help files. This is under win2k. Is there supposed to be a functional help utility in Emplode?

Problem # 2: Cant figure out how to tell how much total and available disk space I have. (If I had a help file maybe I could have looked it up! :-) How do I check on disk space?

Thanks for your advice!
- Ron
Posted by: ithoughti

Re: 2 dumb questions - 13/02/2002 22:05

1. Yeah, I've got no help topics either

2. Look at the bottom info bar it should say something like
"Est. Free Space: 17.1 GB, Capacity: 29.7 GB"

//matt
Posted by: muzza

Re: 2 dumb questions - 13/02/2002 22:11

I think the help topics got taken out of the v2x release as it referred to the HSX which wasn't released at that time.
As we only have beta releases of v2, it isnt worth finalising the help untill it's good to go.
Posted by: busdepot

Re: 2 dumb questions - 13/02/2002 22:14

Ah, so simple! And here I was left and right clicking on everything I could possibly think of, while it was right under my nose the whole time! :-)
Posted by: cushman

Re: 2 dumb questions - 14/02/2002 15:50

D'oh! I have Winamp minimized to a bar and it blocked the hard drive stats! Usually there's nothing useful on the status bar on the left anyway, but this is one exception.

Good to know!
Posted by: genixia

Re: 2 dumb questions - 15/02/2002 06:22

You probably want to read the FAQs on riocar.org - there is one that explains most of the functions in Emplode which is invaluable to us newbies.