whys my hyperterminal being mean to me?

Posted by: justinlarsen

whys my hyperterminal being mean to me? - 15/02/2002 12:18

so today i boot up the empeg, start hypertermial.. and its not taking any commands.. im like oh.. :sigh: so i leave hyperterinal on reset the player.. all of the boot info comes up go to type "q" it dosnt type into the shell.. i cant type anything in there i tried messing with all tyhe settings.. im sure its a simple fix.. anyone have any ideas?
Posted by: Terminator

Re: whys my hyperterminal being mean to me? - 15/02/2002 12:19

Do you have the developer image installed?
Posted by: Rezolution

Re: whys my hyperterminal being mean to me? - 15/02/2002 12:21

I had that happen to me at work. I had to reboot my pc before it would take commands in hyperterminal again. I also noticed that it takes me about 20 tries to get the "q" and enter to work. I don't know if my player just boots too fast or what, but I have to keep hitting q and enter to get it to work.
Posted by: andy

Re: whys my hyperterminal being mean to me? - 15/02/2002 12:23

I never use "q", I just hit ctrl-C (once the player is running), which always seems to work for me.
Posted by: Rezolution

Re: whys my hyperterminal being mean to me? - 15/02/2002 12:26

I will have to try that....
Posted by: tfabris

Re: whys my hyperterminal being mean to me? - 15/02/2002 12:39

When this happened to me, it turned out that my serial cable was frayed. I discarded it for another serial cable, and all is now well.

Have you checked both ends of the serial cable to make sure it's plugged in properly?

Re: whys my hyperterminal being mean to me? - 15/02/2002 12:40

ill try rebooting the computer.. oh ya devloper is in.. lol it wont let me type anything in the hyperterminal..
Posted by: BAKup

Re: whys my hyperterminal being mean to me? - 15/02/2002 13:27

Set the flow control to none, that should fix it.

Posted by: tfabris

Re: whys my hyperterminal being mean to me? - 15/02/2002 13:31

Yeah, I assumed he was already doing that, but you're right, we should make sure he's got everything set right. Justin, please read through this FAQ entry again and make sure all your settings are right.

Re: whys my hyperterminal being mean to me? - 15/02/2002 19:55

yup all settings were right.. i just reset my computer that fixed it.. kinda weird.. u might wanan add that to the faq tony.. if u can.. just as a lil note..
Posted by: muzza

Re: whys my hyperterminal being mean to me? - 16/02/2002 03:38

M$?

Re: whys my hyperterminal being mean to me? - 16/02/2002 10:26

YES! M$!