Freezing at the boot up logo screen

Posted by: newguy1

Freezing at the boot up logo screen - 07/03/2002 20:18

I received my replacement cable and just installed it.I then loaded about 5 songs on it.During the synch it failed while starting player but it rebooted ok .Then i added a few more songs and now its stuck on the boot up logo screen.I read the FAQ and it says could be a bad hd or loose cable.In hyperterminal all i get is a repeating 47101>too large message now what?
Posted by: mlord

Re: Freezing at the boot up logo screen - 07/03/2002 21:07

Please post the exact text you see on the serial port ("hyperterminal").

Re: Freezing at the boot up logo screen - 07/03/2002 21:13

Switching to shell-player loop
Starting bash.
no shell!
Shell exit
kmalloc: Size (147101) too large
hijack: no memory for parsing config.ini; skipped

[hijack] ERROR: : "no memory"
player.cpp : 385:empeg-car 2.00-beta11 2002/02/08.
Loading dancefile: "/empeg/lib/visuals/breakdance.raw"
Loading dancefile: "/empeg/lib/visuals/stonkdance.raw"
Loading dancefile: "/empeg/lib/visuals/princedance.raw"
Prolux 4 empeg car - 2.1434 Feb 7 2002
Vcb: 0x4086d000

Does this help?
Edit: this is what is showing now. I was able to install v233 of hijack,but when it boots the message says hijack config error

Re: Freezing at the boot up logo screen - 07/03/2002 21:21

Good. Now fix your config.ini file.. it has about a zillion "favorite visuals" entries in it, courtesy of a well-known bug in the Emplode software (soon to be renamed Explode).

Cheers

Re: Freezing at the boot up logo screen - 07/03/2002 21:23

Ok thanks,uhh how do i do that?

Re: Freezing at the boot up logo screen - 07/03/2002 21:29

>Ok thanks,uhh how do i do that?

If you are UNIX-proficient, then use a Unix/Linux box to FTP to the player, and grab /empeg/var/config.ini, and edit the file. Then re-upload it using FTP, in conjunction with "SITE RW" and "SITE RO".

Do NOT do that from any Microsoft operating environment, since most editors there will corrupt the file (adding the ^M characters).

If you are stuck with billg, then check the Empeg FAQ for how to enable "editing of config.ini" from within Emplode and then go that route instead.

When editing the file, find the "[VisualFavourites_XXX]" sections, and just nuke everything in them, including the header shown.

Cheers

Re: Freezing at the boot up logo screen - 07/03/2002 21:30

Or even better, locate & download JEmplode, and use it instead of Emplode for fixing the file. Much safer. There's probably a link to it somewhere on RioCar.Org

Cheers
Posted by: muzza

Re: Freezing at the boot up logo screen - 07/03/2002 21:39

Or If you can sync in emplode (sorry, I can't tell from your posts), select Favourite Visuals under Tools. There should be many many many many many many visuals listed. For now, Remove all of them. This will not delete them off the player just you won't have a favorite visual set.
The detals of this are in the FAQ.

Re: Freezing at the boot up logo screen - 07/03/2002 22:06

Thanks guys, i think i got it now but its late so ill have to double check it on friday.And if i have any more problems ill be sure to post. thanks again

Re: Freezing at the boot up logo screen - 08/03/2002 07:29

You're welcome!