oh god what the hell have i done

Posted by: Whitey

oh god what the hell have i done - 10/03/2002 17:29

I am new to the empeg palyer. I have had mine for about 2 months now and eveything has been great. i brought it in the house last night to load some higher bitrate songs, before i went to bed i synced it. i got up this moring to head to ward teh parents house (which is a damn long way) and the player wouldn't boot. all i get is the RIO logo on the front. I cant get it to come up on my network. none of the buttons respond. it's just dead. I have been reading on it and know the OP system is kept on a diffrent partition. can I rebuild that partition without sending if off for repair??? Am i screwed ??? please for the love of all that is holy help whitey.

Posted by: justinlarsen

Re: oh god what the hell have i done - 10/03/2002 17:37

dont panic its probably the cronic drive cable, contact david at support he will send you a new one asap
Posted by: tfabris

Re: oh god what the hell have i done - 10/03/2002 18:12

You haven't done anything wrong. Please read this FAQ entry.

Re: oh god what the hell have i done - 10/03/2002 20:19

what about that removal voids warranty crap???
it look like ill be doing any repairs myself. With the help of you guys lord willing
Posted by: mtempsch

Re: oh god what the hell have i done - 10/03/2002 23:34

Make sure to contact David (the support guy) at empeg - he'll probably clear you to replace the cable yourself after he sends it out. While waiting for the cable you could then (after clearance) shift the drive over to the free space on the drive mounting plate and use the other plug on the cable - the poor crimping seems to be limited to the middle connector on the cable and there's been reports of success using this (temporary) work-around...

/Michael

Re: oh god what the hell have i done - 10/03/2002 23:56

i really appreciate you guys. I will in the future do my best to become an asset.