Good color to match inside of Audi?

Posted by: Squawkt22

Good color to match inside of Audi? - 10/06/2002 12:23

I was just wondering if anyone with an Audi has found a good lense to match the inside but is still readible. The red lense is ok, but its impossible to read during the day. Has anyone found one that goes well?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Good color to match inside of Audi? - 10/06/2002 12:37

Please here to see why you can't read the red lens well in the daytime. This will also link you to a color comparison chart so that you can use your own judgement as to what colors would be best for your dashboard and your readability requirements. It's a trade-off, so you have to make the choice yourself. The chart will help you do this.
Posted by: lopan

Re: Good color to match inside of Audi? - 10/06/2002 13:19

The deep red lens from Darkstorm matches the Audi red perfectly.... i mean perfectly.... unfortunately it's worse than the factory red in the sunlight. So the other option is to use illuminated red buttons to match your dash and the factory blue screen.
Posted by: P444UL_R

Re: Good color to match inside of Audi? - 10/06/2002 13:19

The Stock blue is good it looks OK in my new A4. I got the other screen colour pack to test the red but it's not quite right and as you said you cant see an awful lot
Posted by: Squawkt22

Re: Good color to match inside of Audi? - 10/06/2002 13:53

I hae the blue in there also. It looks pretty good, but i really want to match. I wanna try the Neon Red and see how that looks. Just waiting for my paycheck!
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: Good color to match inside of Audi? - 10/06/2002 18:11

Greetings!

Perhaps one of the gel filters might work better for you.
Posted by: lopan

Re: Good color to match inside of Audi? - 17/06/2002 08:04

Are the gel lenses more daylight friendly? I've got both the factory red and the darkstorm deep red (which matches perfectly) but as I mentioned before neither of them are worth a $$#!&& during the day... The deep red looks amazing at night...