Is this Empeg on Ebay a good unit to bid on?

Posted by: musiclover

Is this Empeg on Ebay a good unit to bid on? - 11/06/2002 12:52

I've been reading on this board for sometime and gained alot of helpful information just from reading other posts. I've been wanting to purchase an empeg or rio car for some time now and I think I've found one that would suit me fine. Are there any differences between empeg car and rio car players and is this one that just opened up worth bidding on? [/url] http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1359364984 Thanks for any opinions and information that might help.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Is this Empeg on Ebay a good unit to bid on? - 11/06/2002 12:55

1. Any Rio Car player is a good one to be bidding on.

2. Differences between player models are covered as the very first item in the FAQ, please click here.
Posted by: Dearing

Re: Is this Empeg on Ebay a good unit to bid on? - 11/06/2002 12:55

It looks like a Mk2, not Mk2A, but that may be just the older remote that comes with it. It's definitely worth bidding on, either way!
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Is this Empeg on Ebay a good unit to bid on? - 11/06/2002 13:00

Definitely a Mk2, even clearly says "empeg car Mk2" in the auction. Nothing wrong with that!!
Posted by: ineedcolor

Re: Is this Empeg on Ebay a good unit to bid on? - 11/06/2002 16:26

The serial number also gives it away as a Mk2.

In any case, go for it...available players seem to be getting rarer and rarer as time goes by.

I would bid on it myself if it wasn't for the shite exchange rate us Canadians are enjoying right now...