Nice Empeg/Rio bags available CHEAP !!!

Posted by: erikbragg

Nice Empeg/Rio bags available CHEAP !!! - 18/07/2002 11:53

I'm not trying to take business away from any board members here who are selling bags, but I thought everyone should know of a good deal when it comes around. I have found a small general use canvas bag which I can get about 50 of that fits our Empeg/Rio players perfectly. It has a nice insulated and padded liner that appears to be waterproof (much like the inside of a soft style lunch box), a zippered main opening that accomodates the player easily and dosen't leave much room to move around (remember it's also padded) and a zippered side pocket perfect for the Rio accessories (AC adapter, RCA cables, USB cable, Headphones, etc... at least thats what I put in mine). Additionally, it has a small handle to make it easy to carry and also includes a shoulder strap which can be cliped on and off easily. They are available in Blue and Red and I could sell them for $20 shipped (international may be more). In my opinion, this is a steal for a bag that would appear to be made specifically for our players. FYI

If you are interested in a bag, contact me at - [email protected]

click here to see the rioBag
Posted by: XslamfaceX

Re: Nice Empeg/Rio bags available CHEAP !!! - 18/07/2002 12:03

sounds sweet!!! i totally want one. all of the others i've seen look like fag bags...this one rocks.

-anthony
slamface.com
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Nice Empeg/Rio bags available CHEAP !!! - 18/07/2002 12:14

It has a nice insulated and padded liner that appears to be waterproof (much like the inside of a soft style lunch box),

Isn't that exactly what the bag is, in fact? A soft-style lunch box?

I once tried to use a soft-style lunch box to carry a pullout stereo. Didn't work too well. But then again, it was a different kind of bag than that one, so who knows.
Posted by: Xpyder

Re: Nice Empeg/Rio bags available CHEAP !!! - 18/07/2002 12:19

Don't know if the bag will hold up well but for $20 might be worth a shot.

Sent an email to you but it bounced back undeliverable:

Reply-To: Mail Administrator <[email protected]>
Subject: Mail System Error - Returned Mail
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 19:12:47 +0000

This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
each recipient was rejected.

Recipient: <[email protected]>
Reason: 5.1.1 <[email protected]> is not a valid mailbox

Re: Nice Empeg/Rio bags available CHEAP !!! - 18/07/2002 12:21

I don't think it is a lunch bag. Although it is padded and insulated and appears to be waterproof, the insulation style is different. Either way, its a perfect fit and an awesome accesory for my Rio.

Re: Nice Empeg/Rio bags available CHEAP !!! - 18/07/2002 12:23

sorry about that, i had a setting wrong. it works now. go for it!
Posted by: rob

Re: Nice Empeg/Rio bags available CHEAP !!! - 19/07/2002 06:14

all of the others i've seen look like fag bags

I know a lot of gay people and I've never seen any of them carry anything vaguely similar to an empeg carry case.

Straight Americans really have some strange preconceptions.

Rob

fag bag - 19/07/2002 08:20

dude...the other ones are totally gay. i don't know what kind of fruit would buy the other bag i saw. it looks like a purse. straight americans don't have strange views, they just know a gay guy when they see one. anyway...to stay on topic...i sent you an email...can't wait to get my ungay rioBag.

Re: fag bag - 19/07/2002 09:56

I think you're referring to bags other than the official empeg-embroidered carrying case. Some of the other bags I've seen do somewhat resemble a purse. But not the original empeg case.

Rob: In the US, it's just a style thing that men don't carry purses. Seeing a man carrying a purse in the US would be just about as strange as seeing a man wearing a dress. I mean, you do see both of those things occasionally, it's just not very common (except in a few select places )

That's what I like about the official empeg-embroidered carrying case. First of all, it looks nothing like a purse. Instead it looks like it might perhaps be a camera carrying case. Second, it doesn't have a shoulder strap, which is really the main thing that makes something look like a purse.
Posted by: DeadFire

Re: fag bag - 19/07/2002 10:55

I picked up one of the Case Logic bags that were designed to hold pullout stereos when they were posted on the BBS a short while back. It does have a shoulder strap, and it doesn't look like a purse. It looks more like a camera bag. People don't joke about it being a purse - they simply ask what I'm carrying, and subsequently lose the ability to speak when they see my empeg.
Posted by: loren

Re: fag bag - 19/07/2002 11:10

Would you call me a fag to my face?

Re: fag bag - 19/07/2002 11:57

Rob: In the US, it's just a style thing that men don't carry purses. Seeing a man carrying a purse in the US would be just about as strange as seeing a man wearing a dress

(Translation: purse = handbag)

Err yeah and that varies from Europe how exactly? I always assumed this "European Carry All" thing was some kind of joke, because there's no such thing that I've ever seen. I don't remember ever seeing a straight guy or a gay guy carrying a handbag. Well, drag queens do obviously, but they wear dresses too so that's OK.

Anyway as you pointed out, the carry case looks nothing like a handbag. If you had something with a shoulder strap I guess you could be into a grey area (I daresay red blooded Americans wouldn't be seen dead carrying a camcorder case).

I'm more concerned that our carry case design was so bland and without style that it could cause our gay customers to be mistaken for straight guys. We really should have gone with Gucci.

Rob

Re: fag bag - 19/07/2002 12:07

He wouldn't want to get knocked out by that rather heavy empeg purse, would he?

Rob
Posted by: Laura

Re: fag bag - 19/07/2002 12:13

I'm glad I don't get called a fag for carrying a purse
Though they are a pain to bother with and I try to stuff the things in my pockets instead when I can.
Posted by: AndrewT

Re: Nice Empeg/Rio bags available CHEAP !!! - 19/07/2002 14:01

fag bags

Perhaps he's a Brit. living in California who thinks they were designed for carrying cigarettes in?
Posted by: genixia

Re: Nice Empeg/Rio bags available CHEAP !!! - 19/07/2002 14:07

...never seen cigarettes that big :O

the new rioBag - for fags and straights - 19/07/2002 14:36

allright... to settle this once and for all. the rioBag i am selling comes equipt with a DETATCHABLE shoulder strap. if you are straight, you can take the strap off. if your a fag or a girl, just leave it on. everybody wins! $20 shipped(international shipping may cost more). hurry now, i allready sold 10 and only have 34 left.

click here for pictures of the rioBag

woah there - 19/07/2002 14:37

hey...i'm not calling anyone a fag...i'm just saying that the other bags for empegs look like purses. i don't know...maybe you guys are offended because you carry a purse or something...sorry for making fun of you. this one's totally different. it looks pretty sweet to me. if your gay...don't argue with me...just go with the purse...
Posted by: andym

Re: woah there - 19/07/2002 15:05

I've always considered my empeg bag something of a style statement, every time I take it to the big computer fair in Manchester there's always someone who recognises what it is. In fact, when one of the larger stall owners (large stall that is, not large bloke) heard that I had a spare, he offered me £500 for it (for a 10gig). I'm fairly sure he could put up the readies as I saw him leave in a rather fast looking, raspy sounding Nissan Skyline.

Ah, the geek chic of owning the worlds most advanced car stereo....

Re: the new rioBag - for fags and straights - 19/07/2002 15:06

if you are straight, you can take the strap off. if your a fag or a girl, just leave it on.

Gee thanks.

Re: the new rioBag - for fags and straights - 19/07/2002 15:17

Yeah, nothing more unusual than a girl with the strap on.

Re: the new rioBag - for fags and straights - 19/07/2002 15:44

A strap on what?
Posted by: jets

Re: the new rioBag - for fags and straights - 19/07/2002 22:13

this thread is the funniest i've read in the classified forum. "fag bags..." hehe

anyways, the 'carrying case' looks a touch too big - looks as though the rio will bounce around a bit since it looks like there's a 1/2 inch gap between the zipper and the top of the rio. does it fit snug or no?

Re: the new rioBag - for fags and straights - 20/07/2002 13:21

it fits snug... the 1/2" gap seen is filled by the insulation on the flap that opens. i honestly dont see any room for improvement on these bags.
Posted by: frekin

Re: the new rioBag - for fags and straights - 20/07/2002 13:54

At some point, I got the impression that the phrase "fag bag" refers to the old "fanny packs" that were all the rage some years ago. In the U.S., it seemed like everyone was wearing one of those narrow zippered packs around their waist. I think I first heard "fag bag" when I took a road trip with my friends from L.A. to Florida (I wish I had my empeg back then) and encountered the running joke that only gay residents of southern Florida wore those things.

rioBag - now is BLACK! - 20/07/2002 18:14

The rioBag now available in BLACK. Now I have 17 Blue rioBags, 5 Red rioBags, and 8 Black rioBags.

new pictures - click here to see pictures of the black and blue rioBags.
Posted by: AndrewT

Re: the new rioBag - for fags and straights - 20/07/2002 19:03

fag bags and fanny packs

Doesn't this thread just get better & better?
Posted by: genixia

Re: fag bag - 20/07/2002 22:25

Gap Kids have a nice selection of lunch bags at the moment... $14.95. the 'peg is a little loose in it, but extra padding (a sandwiche or 2) would solve that. No strap, so people wouldn't have any concerns about your sexuality.

There's a rugged camo-pattern for the would-be survivor, a neutral black & gray for the suave and sophisticated types, and a rather fetching pink and white number for those who want to present their sweet innocence to the world. And a quite garish blue and orange affair too, but we wont go into that one.

But kiddies, remember to label you lunch pack clearly in BIG LETTERS. You would want one of the other kids to grab your lunchbox by mistake in the playground.

Re: fag bag - 21/07/2002 01:23

click here to see the GapKids bag.
you can order them online if you want. doesnt look like a good fit, there is no detatchable shoulder strap, and will cost the same, or more, with shipping.

rioBag

don't get me started - 21/07/2002 01:28

oh man! you got me started again! that gap one is a total purse. dang man...i'm flooded by purses. i'm sticking with this one...but there's another option for the ones that swing the other way.

Re: don't get me started - 21/07/2002 02:14

Hey girls come look at this MAN! XslamfaceX is just a totally regular guy, check it out! Nothing queer about him! He's just like one totally straight dude man! He's emphasised this at least four times so far! I wish the rest of us with our faggy empeg carry cases could be that manly. Hey Loren dude, don't let your girlfriend see you with that empeg fag bag, that would just totally not rock.

Let's move on to dyke carry cases next - big toolbags with a Guns & Roses motif and maybe some Ellen badges. Then again, lesbian empeg owners would probably turn him on.

Rob

(I really need to change that avatar to something more manly, maybe eating a kebab and throwing up the ten pints of Bud I just drank)
Posted by: thinfourth2

Re: don't get me started - 21/07/2002 03:17

well here is my fag bag and i fix really big engines

But i also sail around on ships with lots of tattooed men.

Re: don't get me started - 21/07/2002 05:23

/me flashes on HMS Pinafore... <shudder>

Re: don't get me started - 21/07/2002 05:27

Oh no, does carrying a big tool bag in my van make me look like a dyke? I don't have any Guns 'n Roses stickers on it thankfully and I can't stand Ellen so maybe I am safe afterall, but I do have some Guns 'n Roses tunes on my empeg.

/rushes to delete all Guns 'n Roses tunes from her empegs.....

I feel better now
Posted by: music

Re: the new rioBag - for fags and straights - 21/07/2002 08:57

In reply to:

fag bags and fanny packs

Doesn't this thread just get better & better?

Umm, I believe these are called "bum bags" outside the U.S, due to rather
extreme differences in the meaning (and politeness level) of the word "fanny."
(In the US, it's roughly equivalent to the word "butt.")

I remember a story about an American lady using that word while addressing
her children while in Australia (or somewhere) and getting some rather
strange looks from other people standing about.

Re: don't get me started - 21/07/2002 09:03

here's my fag bag, I'm sure my girlfriend will be quite surprised she's been going out with a gay man for 5 years and never noticed it once!

Although, there does appear to be a pink car on the table (I wonder where that came from?)

Re: don't get me started - 21/07/2002 14:26

i wish we could all have the original empeg bag. i think my rioBag is a nice replacement though.

[email protected] - rioBag
$20 shipped [international shipping may cost more]

poor guy - 21/07/2002 14:30

its funny how you've made this post turn personal. i'm not trying to be manly with my empeg bag...i just don't want to be seen carrying a purse. i mean...i'm a hot guy and stuff...and i don't want all these fags trailing me cuz they think i'm gay. why won't you just let me be straight?

Re: poor guy - 21/07/2002 15:32

I doubt you're in any danger.

Re: Nice Empeg/Rio bags available CHEAP !!! - 22/07/2002 21:35

bags are going fast! I dont know how long they are going to last. 14 blue, 4 black, 5 red.

very nice - 23/07/2002 21:13

got my bag from you! man those are freakin sweet! it fits my adapter and everything perfectly. i took the shoulder strap off of it cuz a bunch of fags were chasing me when i had it on...anyway...if your gay...i suggest that you buy something else. this is a straight rioBag for straight americans! i hate everyone except straight americans! down with man-purses!!!

Re: very nice - 24/07/2002 02:50

Flame-tastic!!!
Posted by: Xpyder

Re: Nice Empeg/Rio bags available CHEAP !!! - 24/07/2002 11:22

I want a black one. Posted reply privately and by email. How the heck do I pay so I can get one of these homo-friendly bags? LOL

Re: Nice Empeg/Rio bags available CHEAP !!! - 29/07/2002 21:26

11 blue, 2 black, 3 red rio bags left

any red bags? - 01/08/2002 13:11

I have a friend that wants a red bag...do you have any left? thanks.
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: poor guy - 01/08/2002 13:27

So THIS is why I never bothered reading this thread.....

You know what they say about homophobes... they're compensating for an insecurity in their sexual identity. The think that gay bashing is their way of saying "hey, I just beat up a fag. That means I'm not gay right? Right?"

LOL

Re: poor guy - 01/08/2002 13:34

Bocat Goldthwait had a great bit on that subject many years ago. It went something like:

"I hate you. (punches microphone) You're such a fag. (punch) I hate fags, so I'm going to beat you up. (punch) You're just so gay. (punch) And you're... kind of attractive... (punch)..."
Posted by: pim

Red fag bag - 01/08/2002 13:41

For € 27, I just bought me this fag bag from Kipling.

The model is called "Eleven" from the new collection "477". My local Kipling store had it in black, blue, red and beige. I think the red one looks best with the grey bottom.

It's a perfect fit for the Empeg, as long as you use the original bag as padding.

Pim

Re: Red fag bag - 01/08/2002 13:49

"You're a better bag than I am, Gunga Din."
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Red fag bag - 01/08/2002 14:45

LOL! That's some funny shit.

Even if it did take me way too long to get it, and force me to come back after the fact.

Re: Red fag bag - 01/08/2002 14:47

I just saw "Kipling" and out it came.

Re: poor guy - 01/08/2002 14:53

hey ... i just called the other bags fag bags...then all you homos got all crazy on me. i'm not attacking gays...they're attacking me. look at all these fag bags emerging...did you see that new one? fags are taking over the world!

Re: Red fag bag - 01/08/2002 14:54

how much is € 27 in american dollars? and what do you mean you have to use the original bag as padding? if i had an original bag, why would i put it in another bag? sounds a little paranoid.

Posted by: mtempsch

Re: Red fag bag - 01/08/2002 15:02

Euro / Dollar is apprx 1 these days...

Probably means that the bag is slightly oversize for the empeg. The original empeg bag isn't very thickly padded - dropping it is likely to cause damage to the empeg.

/Michael - who uses a Pelican 1200
Posted by: pim

Re: Red fag bag - 01/08/2002 15:39

In reply to:

Euro / Dollar is apprx 1 these days...

Right. The Euro just dropped under the dollar this week.

Oh, and I just realized € will not show up as the Euro sign on all browsers, as it depends on the character set. One should use &euro; , but unfortunately, html is not allowed in posts and UBBCode does not support this.

In reply to:

Probably means that the bag is slightly oversize for the empeg.

Right. Without the original bag, it's a bit of a loose fit.

In reply to:

The original empeg bag isn't very thickly padded - dropping it is likely to cause damage to the empeg.

The Kipling has no padding at all, so you really need some extra padding.

Pim

Posted by: thrasher

Re: Nice Empeg/Rio bags available CHEAP !!! - 01/08/2002 17:28

Got my bag.Thanks alot very nice.

Re: poor guy - 02/08/2002 03:53

Dude - there are people trying to give up smoking around here, and you're not helping any.

Rob
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: poor guy - 02/08/2002 05:43

re: Rob lol :P Forgot the dual meaning lol.

Re: poor guy - 02/08/2002 07:59

In reply to:

Rob lol :P Forgot the dual meaning lol.

stop flirting.
Posted by: thrasher

Re: poor guy - 02/08/2002 09:56

I wish it was that kind of bag.I would have had him send me the green one.

Re: poor guy - 02/08/2002 10:59

I love your big X's. Very masculine.

Re: poor guy - 04/08/2002 01:12

hahhhahhahha

who sent me money!!! - 05/08/2002 22:20

i got a postal money order for $20.00. I am assuming it is for a rioBag. I can't really read the "from" info. Please claim it and send me an email with the correct info. The person's intitials are A.A. and from Rancho Cordova. thanks
[email protected]
Posted by: loren

Re: poor guy - 06/08/2002 11:08

I see you live in California, I myself live in San Francisco. Maybe we should get together some time?

a little help here. - 06/08/2002 13:36

get out of here loren. first of all...your first name is a girl's name...and your last name is cox. hahaha. can some straight people help me out? all these gays are teamin' up on me.
Posted by: Aragon

Re: a little help here. - 06/08/2002 18:43

Hey XslamthingX,

Is that you in the attached picture?

Regards,
Aragon

Re: poor guy - 07/08/2002 02:08

Loren,

Life is too short to get worked up over crap like this, as tony says 'Please don't feed the trolls'.

If we all just ignore him then maybe he'll go away (where have I heard that before? )

Re: a little help here. - 07/08/2002 14:21

yes...that is me...as you can see...i'm very hot. please don't bother me if you see me on the streets.

Re: a little help here. - 07/08/2002 14:28

if that other pic is you.. i assume this is you too. looks a little gay to me.

Re: a little help here. - 07/08/2002 14:32

alright alright...you found me out. i am gay. i'm sorry.

Re: a little help here. - 07/08/2002 14:34

There's something I remember about a pot calling a kettle something...

huh? - 07/08/2002 14:58

what on earth does that mean!?
Posted by: drakino

Let this thread die, please - 08/08/2002 23:04

I just sent warnings to two users who posted in this thread to just let it die. Please, everyone else do the same and let the off topic portion stop. It seems to have crossed the line, and has insulted members of this board on a personal level. I know the users of this BBS are more mature then this, so lets all just move on.

Thanks
Posted by: frog51

Re: Let this thread die, please - 12/08/2002 07:27

Damn funny though I hadn't got around to reading it until now, as I have an original empeg case, but thought I should as it seemed to be building up momentum.

Kept me amused for 10 minutes. Cheers guys. And gals. And others.
Posted by: elvis

Re: Nice Empeg/Rio bags available CHEAP !!! - 12/08/2002 23:52

It's strange that americans have soo many problems. What with consuming 50% of the world resources. One would think they could be more accepting of the non-mormon/protestant lifestyle.

Re: the new rioBag - for fags and straights - 12/08/2002 23:55

Holy crap. This thread is TOO MUCH!

Re: fag bag - 12/08/2002 23:57

In reply to:

Gap Kids have a nice selection of lunch bags at the moment... $14.95. the 'peg is a little loose in it, but extra padding (a sandwiche or 2)

I can see 'ham on rye' added to your play list......

Re: poor guy - 13/08/2002 00:00

Women LIKE gay men. You can use that to get close to them. After that it's all pheremones.....