Looking to buy a RIO remote....O_o

Posted by: Grrrrrr

Looking to buy a RIO remote....O_o - 10/01/2003 01:36

hello all. just wanted to see if anyone is wanting to sell an extra rio remote. i just lost mine as of today and its the only remote i really feel comfortable using cuz it basically rules.

anyway, if anyone happens to have a RIO remote that they arent using, please post here and hopefully we can do business.

Posted by: spider

Re: Looking to buy a RIO remote....O_o - 10/01/2003 10:32

i dont use mine now that i installed a Pacific Accessory Corporation SWI-X. I'd let it go for 50 USD
Posted by: JeepBastard

Re: Looking to buy a RIO remote....O_o - 15/01/2003 07:56

wow! thats a lot of dough, you could just get the generic kenwood one and paint over it
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Looking to buy a RIO remote....O_o - 15/01/2003 08:31

They are not the same. In point of fact, there are a number of functions available on the Rio remote that are not available on the Kenwood one. This is ameliorated by Hijack's ir_translate functions, but, even still, some of the buttons on the Kenwood remote do not support press-and-hold, whereas all of the Rio remote's buttons do. (Or at least more of them do.)
Posted by: JeepBastard

Re: Looking to buy a RIO remote....O_o - 15/01/2003 15:56

that's true.. i guess i was wrong. It is worth $50, maybe more.
Posted by: cookie_77

Re: Looking to buy a RIO remote....O_o - 16/01/2003 13:16

Any one every looked in to the cost involved in getting a run of these done, or a remote based on these as they are a bit poo.

I guess you could just buy a batch of remotes simular to these and get new button guides made.

C.