WTB: metal connectors for sled. or whole harness

Posted by: dynamix

WTB: metal connectors for sled. or whole harness - 19/10/2003 16:29

Hi, I recently purchased a sled off eBay in "perfect working condition" but unfortunately some of the main wires were yanked out of the sled connectors.

Does anyone know where I could purchase the little metal connectors that are inserted inside the harnesses? Or perhaps where I could just buy a complete new harness for the sled (as long as it's not too expensiv).

I checked the SPMicro store, and unfortunately they're also now sold out of these parts

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-d
Posted by: tman

Re: WTB: metal connectors for sled. or whole harness - 19/10/2003 16:49

The digikey part numbers are on here. Look at the sled plugs section if you've got a Mk2/2a.
Posted by: loren

Re: WTB: metal connectors for sled. or whole harness - 19/10/2003 18:35

mind posting the auction #? Was it someone from this board?

Re: WTB: metal connectors for sled. or whole harness - 19/10/2003 18:37

Many thanks! This helps alot!

Although I still couldn't locate the little terminal connectors that are in the empeg harness. Do you know where I might get one of these? Worst comes to worst, I can just solder on a new harness. But since I'm fixing the terminals on the sled, I would like to also fix the one on the harness.

Re: WTB: metal connectors for sled. or whole harness - 19/10/2003 18:50

Huh? What terminals are you actually talking about? I thought you meant the pins on the plug inside the sled?

Re: WTB: metal connectors for sled. or whole harness - 19/10/2003 19:29

I meant the terminals inside the sled and on the actual harness that is included with the empeg.

The thing on the end of the wires coming from the sled. And not the one for the tuner.

Loren: It was over a month ago, and can't find the auction number It wasn't anyone from this board, just some dude with a low feedback number.

Re: WTB: metal connectors for sled. or whole harness - 19/10/2003 19:33

If you're talking about what I think you meant then isn't it "Male Signal Terminals: Digikey Part H10087-ND - QR/P1-PC2A-111"? It's the 22 small pins. The other pins are the power terminals and are bigger. You'll have to crimp them onto the wire though.

Re: WTB: metal connectors for sled. or whole harness - 19/10/2003 19:56

That is one of the terminals I'm needing, but not the one in question. I'm talking about the terminals on the harness. The two black plugs that connect to each other at the end of the wires. Not the stuff screwed directly onto the sled.

Re: WTB: metal connectors for sled. or whole harness - 19/10/2003 20:01

Oh. You talking about the ISO connector? Big black thing with 8 large pins inside?
[edit]Any good car audio shop should have them as it's a standard part. Not sure how easy it is to find the socket though.[/edit]
Posted by: loren

Re: WTB: metal connectors for sled. or whole harness - 19/10/2003 23:06

hm. wonder if that was my sled. =] where was it shipped from? did he leave you feedback? do you have the emails ebay sends out? sorry for the barrage... just curious.

Re: WTB: metal connectors for sled. or whole harness - 20/10/2003 03:58

There's an auction for the sled metalwork without the harness on eBay at the moment if anybody is interested.

Re: WTB: metal connectors for sled. or whole harness - 20/10/2003 15:38

tman: yeah... I think I'll just wire on a new harness... shouldn't be too much work.

loren: I believe the guy I ordered it from was in Alabama or some place near there. I'm afraid I don't have the ebay e-mails.
Posted by: JBjorgen

Re: WTB: metal connectors for sled. or whole harness - 23/10/2003 15:40

Thanks tman. I made out like a bandit on that. Should go nicely with my Shonky harness I bought over a year ago.

Re: WTB: metal connectors for sled. or whole harness - 23/10/2003 16:00

Nice price you got that for