Empeg on Ebay...

Posted by: ctcsoft

Empeg on Ebay... - 22/03/2004 15:30

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3086629705&category=18798

I want some of the drugs this guy is taking. He wants $150 to ship and empeg. I could see if the subs and sub box was included but their not.

Posted by: loren

Re: Empeg on Ebay... - 22/03/2004 16:00

Best part: "Please bid accordingly and DON'T Email me asking why it is so high. It is common sence. Just bid accordingly"

yeah... common sense, of which i guess we are lacking, 'cause it sure doesn't make a damn bit of sense to me.

Sketchy... he put a picture of a lit up empeg, but his apparently isn't, and "bigger drives are a rip off". hahha!
Posted by: BAKup

Re: Empeg on Ebay... - 22/03/2004 16:01

Yes, just looking at that auction is getting me a contact high...The pic with the installed empeg doesn't even match the nice borrowed pic of the lighted button empeg. Also in the title he's selling the subwoofer box, but in the text he's saying he's not selling it. I'd avoid this one.
Posted by: jaypeeq

Re: Empeg on Ebay... - 22/03/2004 18:56

I saw that one too. I just checked again and the item seems to have been removed.
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: Empeg on Ebay... - 04/11/2004 00:47

One of us with an anonymous sacrifice EBay account should lock out the auction by "buying" that. This will A) prevent anyone else from falling for the trap, and B) possible let us report the questionability to EBay.

Hm, this is yet another questionable post for me to be putting on the board..... Just trying to protect the empeg name and protect people who want one off EBay.
Posted by: djc

Re: Empeg on Ebay... - 04/11/2004 12:34

Um, this was so eight months ago.

--Dan.
Posted by: JBjorgen

Re: Empeg on Ebay... - 04/11/2004 13:56

In Firefox's defense...it did show up on the front page for me too. Maybe a side affect of the bbs upgrade.
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: Empeg on Ebay... - 05/11/2004 00:37

And what's even more weird is, I tried to delete the post seconds later when I viewed the link, revealing that the auction was long long since gone. Oh well, I'm just trying to strike back at the scammers, as usual.