New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED

Posted by: belezeebub

New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 21/05/2004 22:40

Well I found someone that will do the brushed finish Still need to order 25 at a time. so if we have the 25 to place an order I'll do it, sorry I won't cover pre-ordering 25 units so people will have to pay upfront.
Posted by: Glen_L

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 21/05/2004 22:59

Do you have the ordering logistics and final prices worked out?
Posted by: BartDG

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 22/05/2004 02:50

Great! That's very good news! I have no problems with paying upfront.

I'll just keep my fingers crossed now that we'll reach that nr. 25 !

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 22/05/2004 17:56

Here is the skinny 25 is the amount of blanks I need to order from the machinest.

40 Dollar Set up fee (which I will cover) at the plater

Brushed is a finish I can now get, also brushed in black anoidized.

You have to pay upfront Sorry I can't cover 180*25 its jsut more then I want to pay out right now.

Total Cost is 180 Plus shipping for a handle and new face

turn around time from the time I place the 25 unit order is 3 days at the machineest and 3 days at the platter (working days)

Posted by: Waterman981

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 22/05/2004 20:20

The plater doesn't have any samples of what a brushed black piece (of any metal, not the fascia per say) would look like does he?
Posted by: JaBZ

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 25/05/2004 07:31

OK count me in for 1 set Brushed face and handle.
Would like the matching hex screws.

Any news on getting matching Knob and buttons? Did 303 have any left over?

Maybe also posting this thread on general will get more responses.

Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 25/05/2004 07:53

I would like four sets (facia, screws and handle). When / how do you wish payment?

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 25/05/2004 08:13

Once we get 25 units on order I'll post my mailing and Paypal info)

This face is designed to use the stock or see through buttons and knobs, I am not sourcing buttons and knobs sorry.
Posted by: mcomb

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 25/05/2004 11:09

The plater doesn't have any samples of what a brushed black piece (of any metal, not the fascia per say) would look like does he

Same question. I'm tempted, but not really willing to commit $180 without some idea of what the materials would look like.

-Mike

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 25/05/2004 15:09

I would buy a brushed aluminum face, but would like to see a sample pre-order as well.

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 25/05/2004 20:54

I'll see if I can get a sample of what it would look like.

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 26/05/2004 04:27

One word of caution here. Brushed aluminum does not show well in photos and scans. It really should be seen in person if possible.

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 29/05/2004 14:02

Not my thread, really, but *bump* anyway.

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 02/06/2004 22:29

Okay, then I will bump it
Still a far cry from the 25 we need.

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 03/06/2004 04:25

Well, you have four - make it five - from me...
Posted by: tracerbullet

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 03/06/2004 20:43

I'm good for one. So - how do we make it official? Small deposit or something? If it takes 6 months to have these made, I may change my mind by then. A deposit or something similar would keep that from happening to you...

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 04/06/2004 11:28

That is a bit of a sticky wicket, I have to order 25 at a time or the machine shop won't bother doing them, I don't want to take money if we don't have the 25 unit order but I also don't want to pay for 25 of them my self < I have allready sunk 1300 into making the proto-type so its out of my price range to sunk more into it.

once we have atlease 25 people that want one I'll post info and except funds

Once I have 25 units ordered and paid for I'll place the order and the machine shop says depending on the work load it will be 3-5 working days and then 3 working days at the plater for finished units

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 08/06/2004 07:29

Shameless self serving bump in a shallow attempt to get more orders.

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 08/06/2004 07:51

How many pre-orders do you have so far?

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 09/06/2004 09:08

Currently I have 10 People that have stated they will get one
Posted by: speedy67

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 09/06/2004 15:44

10 people buying how many faces? Paul taking 5?
Count me in for one brushed. Just for collecting and supporting issues...

(Doesn't mean, my project stopped. But too busy til Amersfoort...)

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 10/06/2004 08:52

Would you mind posting your list of people and the quantity they requested? That we can be sure we're all accounted for and know how close we are to the 25 goal. Just a suggestion.

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 10/06/2004 13:18

Okay here is the list

ctcsoft Asked how much
Archeon Said he would get one
JaBZ Said he would get one
Glen_L Said he would get one
tracerbullet Said he would get one
Fabrice E-mailed that he/she would take one
Paul Said he wanted five of them
I am getting one that makes 11 total.
Posted by: crazymelki

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 10/06/2004 13:46

I can't find my on your list...

I wanna buy also one brushed.

bye

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 10/06/2004 18:17

From your previous thread it seemed these people also showed interest:

Mach
Micman2b
mandiola (pending fundage )
music and/or hybrid8 (long shots--they'd prefer to wait for Thomas' version)
Posted by: speedy67

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 11/06/2004 13:41

I'm just two posts above... one brushed...
Posted by: lockuplever

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 18/06/2004 19:54

I'm just two posts above... one brushed...

Maybe I'm just in the mood to laugh, but I find that funny!
BTW, count me in too.

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 19/06/2004 07:38

Were you ever able to scare up any more sample pics? There are a couple other people toward the top of this thread that were on the fence. Maybe some pics will help push them over
Posted by: philp69

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 22/06/2004 16:34

Count me in for one (brushed natural aluminum). Should be a nice match for the stock Infiniti FX dash (coming soon to a driveway near me :-)

Cheers!

Phil
Posted by: Mitsu7374

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 23/06/2004 18:45

I want one too. It would be a dream come true get a brushed aluminum one to match my interior.

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 02/07/2004 00:06

Right Now I am not sure I have the Proto-type and over 1400 into making it, to make a SINGLE unit so I can photo a finished one will cost me ~300 more so I am trying to hold on on spending anymore on this project.
Posted by: peakmop

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 05/07/2004 03:57

Count me in for one brushed face and a handle.
Check out this site: http://www.by-photos.de/AluFace.html
for the pictures. Unfortunately I couldn't reach them, but I sure like their brushed aluminum face.

I assume that for the new face we would need different buttons?
I would definitely like to have that brushed aluminum rotary button...

Well, I just want too much
Posted by: BartDG

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 05/07/2004 07:03

That's the original NewFace. A few months ago, the guy that made them (303) said on this board that he would stop production, because he didin't have the time for it anymore (IIRC).

So if you didn't get one then, you're out of luck now.

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 17/07/2004 22:30

Crap so close yet so far.... Bump Bump Bump Bumpity Bump

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 09/08/2004 13:56

Bump...only need a few more, assuming this is still a go
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 09/08/2004 14:13

How many more do you need? what's the ballpark for the price?

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 09/08/2004 16:05

It is with a heavy heart that I formally anounce i am not going to make any new faces, I tried to give something back but we just never got enough people to warent spending anymore money, I am just cutting my lossess and telling you here I am sorry, I did try but, it just wasn't in the cards to dump anymore into this project.
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 09/08/2004 16:18

This is really sad to hear. The thread started off as a big "what if", then a million other things came up like the new software, buttons, memory cards, etc. I think it just got lost in the mix. I was keeping an eye out for a new thread so it's my fault that I didn't check this thread for updates more often.. I think other people may have not known this was going on...

Either way, I admire you for considering this in the first place.

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 09/08/2004 21:49

I am sorry it did not work out as well. Thank you for all of the effort, though. If you do not mind my asking, how much do you have invested so far?
Posted by: CrackersMcCheese

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 10/08/2004 08:42

I would reconsider if I were you - many people won't have read about this and people do forget and lose track. Why not start a new post under the General section with photos, pricing and get orders again. Its worth a shot.

Phil

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 10/08/2004 12:04

Quote:
I am sorry it did not work out as well. Thank you for all of the effort, though. If you do not mind my asking, how much do you have invested so far?

1456 Invested so far and would need to spend 350 more for a second proto-type with all the changes we have talked about.

Edit: Top posting is bad, mmkay?

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 10/08/2004 13:34

belezeebub,

It would be a shame for you throw in the towel after coming this far. As others have mentioned perhaps a post in the General forum would stir up more interest from those who don't regularly browse For Sale. I counted six more in this thread since your list of 11. There were a couple from your older thread too that weren't counted. Of course, it's been a while at this point, so a recount is probably in order to ensure everyone has maintained interest. It's obvious I certainly have

For those that missed them, here are the (EDIT: unfinished) prototype pics from the old thread. They are a great first effort, IMO (EDIT: and as mentioned below the design has since been improved upon):

Heck, if it comes down to buying a second one to make the 25 quota, I'll do that. That's peanuts next to Paul's 5, but hey I've only got one empeg

Thanks for your efforts and here's to hoping that they may yet come to fruition...

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 10/08/2004 15:00

This photo is of the proto-type this was has not been plated or electro polished the finished one would be much smoother. with the changes we talked about in other threads.

Edit: There was no reason to quote the entirety of the post before, including gigantic pictures.
Posted by: morrisdl

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 10/08/2004 17:09

Put me in for a set (if this comes to fruition). It would be a shame for you lose that money. Plus brushed would look awesome in a TT!!
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 12/08/2004 21:13

Works with lit buttons.

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 13/08/2004 01:08

I'm definetley still interested..

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 13/08/2004 03:53

Quote:
Works with lit buttons.

That's one reason I'd prefer this over the round buttons; I managed to nab one of the few sets from Stu's run. The other big reason (besides matching my brushed aluminum center console) is to reclaim the upper left portion of the VFD. The song title's first letter is obscured by the stock fascia, and that is after pushing the VFD down and adjusting my seat as far back as I can manage. Clearly this won't be a problem with belezeebub's design.

I do believe black anodised is available as well, in case people missed it and just aren't interested in aluminum?
Posted by: BAKup

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 13/08/2004 04:11

Count me in for one also!
Posted by: alaskan7

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 19/08/2004 19:17

It's been quite a while since I've visited this site and I didn't see this before, I am definitely interested as well.

Thanks, Bob
[email protected]
Posted by: SonicSnoop

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 23/08/2004 02:38

If this is still available I would be interested in one, does anyone have any pics what black anodized brushed would look like? That was one of the options right?
Posted by: smu

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 01/09/2004 16:03

Well, even though they usually look crap on photos, I would really like to see some sample of what his brushed and/or annodized finishes look like. Any news on that? If possible, I would like to get one set each: brushed and brusheD/annondized.

cu,
sven

Re: New Face and Handle BRUSHED FINISHED - 17/09/2004 12:38

This is pretty much a Dead Topic now, I just don't have the extra money to sink anymore into it, It was a good try sorry all but just didn't get the number of people needed to warrent making a second proto-type, as for all the people that asked for photots of the finished item sorry, I spent 1456 to get the first proto-type there are no finished ones to post photos of.